Opeth featured on new Dream Theater dvd

wait you mean the guy from DT rapped?

lol.jpg

LaBrie's voice was much better in the old days. I like DT, but I do notice his voice doing weird things from time to time. It's not that he's out of tune, but something about it...

Hmm... I guess he comes up somewhat "flat", for lack of a better term, once in a while. But I also agree that he sounds really good on "Score".

he sounds great on the Human Equation of Ayreon ... that made me go listen to them again, but most of the time his singing is horrible if you ask me. the worst i heard was when they did master of puppets, LaBrie's singing then really ruined it.

but other than that, i prefer their more recent work actually ... it's a bit harder, more metal influence. and less of the spacey keyboard sounds (or at least they sound a bit different).

I agree with you (Black Session) on their all around sound, but I liked the younger LeBrie as far as vox go. Images was a great album, but I'm a big fan of Metropolis and Six Degrees (although quite a few people put that one down too). I also like their newest one.

Edit: I need to pick up Human Equation. I've been hearing a lot of great stuff about that one.

I agree with you (Black Session) on their all around sound, but I liked the younger LeBrie as far as vox go. Images was a great album, but I'm a big fan of Metropolis and Six Degrees (although quite a few people put that one down too). I also like their newest one.

Edit: I need to pick up Human Equation. I've been hearing a lot of great stuff about that one.

you should definitely! and other stuff of Ayreon ... it's all amazing material!

the worst i heard was when they did master of puppets, LaBrie's singing then really ruined it.

I definitely have to agree with this. While I personally really like LaBrie's voice with melodic singing, especially on the earlier albums, I also think that he just doesn't have the ability to pull off heavy vocals convincingly. Evidently the band agrees, because on the last Dream Theater CD the heavier vocals had LaBrie's voice doubled with Portnoy's to give it more balls.

I definitely have to agree with this. While I personally really like LaBrie's voice with melodic singing, especially on the earlier albums, I also think that he just doesn't have the ability to pull off heavy vocals convincingly. Evidently the band agrees, because on the last Dream Theater CD the heavier vocals had LaBrie's voice doubled with Portnoy's to give it more balls.

I thought that too, until I actually heard an MP3 of them covering it a second time. It sounded great! I looked into it, and searched up where they played it, I found out that he was actually sick that night.

IMO LaBrie is the worst vocalist in Metal. It's unfortunate because DT's musicians are quite amazing. I also hate those bummblebee keyboard sounds.

I was mildly disappointed with DT's performance at Progressive Nation. Petrucci's solos were 3/4 of the concert.

Overall, it was a pleasantly exerting 5 hour concert, what with Three and Between the Buried and Me performing before Opeth came on stage.

It was also a bit dismaying to hear Mikael stating that Opeth has kind of turned "into shit" (that's what the man said) and how he's excited about the new release with his "side project". I'm guessing he meant "Bloodbath".

Meh, I love Opeth. I'd hate to see Mikael take off or something along those lines.

labries voice does suck it up alot, definately the downside to DT, but remember, that was the sound the members wanted to go for
that high, wailing screech. their inspirations to make music were, after all, rush, with probably one of the most femine sounding vocalists out there.
if DT had the singer from boston...OMG
i cant even begin to imagine how awesome they would be

Nah, Symphony X dude, cant remember his name... anyway, he does a good job with some of the high stuff but doesn't sound like a pussy at the same time.

^^
fucker can't even rap

"Suck on my ass and balls"???!?!? "Lick my ass and balls"???!??? They need to try harder if they want to sell-out proper.

^^
fucker can't even rap

"Suck on my ass and balls"???!?!? "Lick my ass and balls"???!??? They need to try harder if they want to sell-out proper.

Dude, that's a joke. I know it's kinda random, but in one of their songs, they left a mores code message, some dude found it, and it turned out to be 'Suck on my ass and balls'.