Opeth featured on new Dream Theater dvd

It was also a bit dismaying to hear Mikael stating that Opeth has kind of turned "into shit" (that's what the man said) and how he's excited about the new release with his "side project". I'm guessing he meant "Bloodbath".

Meh, I love Opeth. I'd hate to see Mikael take off or something along those lines.

You have to get used to his sense of humor ...

labries voice does suck it up alot, definately the downside to DT, but remember, that was the sound the members wanted to go for
that high, wailing screech. their inspirations to make music were, after all, rush, with probably one of the most femine sounding vocalists out there.
if DT had the singer from boston...OMG
i cant even begin to imagine how awesome they would be

There are many other bands out there with that style of singing that don't suck, Symphony X definitely being on of them.
Guess it's time to repeat the theory some people mentioned on this forum before, that they don't want a singer that outshines their instrumental escapades.

If he would just maintain the level he shown on the Human Equation, all would be well.

I was mildly disappointed with DT's performance at Progressive Nation. Petrucci's solos were 3/4 of the concert.

For me, Petrucci makes Dream Theater! While the other musicians are good, if it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't be a DT fan.

It was also a bit dismaying to hear Mikael stating that Opeth has kind of turned "into shit" (that's what the man said) and how he's excited about the new release with his "side project". I'm guessing he meant "Bloodbath".

Huh? In what context was that stated? Surely he wasn't talking about the music, was he?

Dude, that's a joke. I know it's kinda random, but in one of their songs, they left a mores code message, some dude found it, and it turned out to be 'Suck on my ass and balls'.

The saying is actually, "Eat my ass and balls." The morse code thing was done by Portnoy and (I think) the engineer they were working with at the time. Anyway, the other DT guys had nothing to do with it. If I recall correctly, it's in the song In The Name Of God.

If he would just maintain the level he shown on the Human Equation, all would be well.

If LaBrie would maintain the level shown on his best work, Images & Words, all would be well. But, hey, even back then, his live performances were hit & miss.

If going even more detailed, it's "EATMYASSANDBALLS". :)
And yes, it's on In The Name Of God.

i heard about that! exactly where is that part in the song?

Also james labrie is a great singer and its hard to sing the type of songs live. Listen to score... he nailed everything there. But i agree that his voice is either a love or hate to a lot of fans of rock/metal.

IN my opinion, Labrie sucks big time. He cant pull it off live. Check out their new DVD. Totally sucks. On the contrary, Petrucci totally blown me away.......