opeth @ gothenburg metal shop

deimne

stalker in training
May 13, 2003
cill dara, eire
Visit site
can anyone tell me where to find information on this? i may or may not be travelling in the area at the time and would like to have an 'opeth gig 4 times in 4 countries in 12 months' personal record!
if you can help please send me a pm.

Erh, gothenburg metal shop?
You mean the Metaltown one day festival?

It's on the 7th of july and Opeth, Tool, Motorhead, Soilwork, Cradle of Filth, Danko Jones, The Haunted, Entombed, Khoma, Evergay and Engel will play. Not sure if they will annouce more bands later on, probably smaller acts in that case. Last year they had two larger outdoor stages and one smaller indoors.

The festival is held at a pier in the Gothenburg marina, just a few minutes from the central station by the tram/bus.

Think you should go if you can as it probably will be nice. Just hope it won't constantly rain this year :(

The tickets are around 52 euro.

More info here: http://www.metaltown.se/

ooh, thanks for genuine help and smart arse comments alike. i just could not find online stuff...but now im foaming at the mouth at the prospect!!!
tool....mmm
and entombed, live just do it every time. and it'd be interesting to finally get to see the haunted with dolving back (they dont love us irish anymore)
and soilwork.... im drooling right now. tak!

batastrophe said:
4 countries, eh? You live in Europe. No fair! :(
i live in ireland and have had to fly every time! only been 2 so far..
abandoning my backpacking for the dublin gig next month.
ufomagnet, you're my new best online friend!!!
im pretty sure there are gothenburg hostels. and i hear stories of a big ole gallery. at the moment im trying to find somewhere to sleep in 2 nights time, so july can wait a little bit!!