Opeth Car Sticker anyone?

guinness

Sword Wielding Viking
May 25, 2004
Ieper, Belgium
Hi,

(I'm new to this forum, and if I do anything wrong, please let me know)

I have been looking for an opeth car sticker to put on the rear window of my car for quite some time now and I still haven't found one.

Does anyone know where I can find one and do they actually exist, I think they should exist!

Can anyone help me pleazzzz?

:headbang:

greetz

I think you can buy some stickers on the Opeth web shop, but I dont know if its for the car..Check it out..

I've checked the opeth web shop, and a whole lot of other web shops as well, but saddily enough no car stickers :(

At least not that I have seen (maybe I need a new set of glasses)

thanks for the fast reply!

Bang That Head That Doesn't Bang!

make your own, there is alot of stickers makers that cuts the exact font detail and makes it in any size and any resolution, but you must have the opeth font
which i doubt that anyone has it
i personally tried it, i took my bands font and went to this shop that has a machine can cut the entire font inner and outter details exactly into either stickers for t-shirts or even car stickers, all you need is the font

guinness: i asked the same question ahwile back and was told to go to blastwaves.com
i found a sticker there and its big enough for a back window. i think it was about 4x6 inches. i think they were leftovers from the tour so you might want to hurry if you want to get one (supply was limited). i didnt buy it so i cant tell you how it looks on a car.

I've checked that as well, and at first it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for, but there's a catch: the background is black:
<<This sticker features the classic Opeth logo in white on a black field. Each sticker is 6" x 6">>

link: http://www.blastwaves.com/dev-cgi/d...e&f35=Accessories&f553=&f554=&f555=76&key=377

and in Belgium only see through car stickers are allowed on the rear window :(

As for making my own sticker: does anyone have the font? And is it possible to make a car sticker by means of a simple scan (of a cd-booklet for example)?

Bang That Head That Doesn't Bang!

yeah, the black background kept me from buying it. i thought it would look stupid on a car....whats up with belgians? they care about safety? jeez. move here to the States. we dont care about anything. you can drive an 18-wheeler to your job at starbucks and probably get a tax-credit for it. oh wait! only illegal immigrants live here now. they dont pay any taxes. must...stop....before....rant....consumes......

I work with some signmaking equipment at work and I was toying with the idea of running the Opeth logo on the vinyl cutter. They apply that stuff to the cars all the time so I know it's the good shit. Unfortunately there's no real way I could do any sort of run so I'd be limited to making 1 or 2 for myself.

This would be quite the popular item if the Opeth people ever decide to make it!

*edit*
072502_3.jpg

This thing...

@alphacorvus: So you have the machine to make it but you don't because...???

(Are you limited to making just one or two or is it too much work just to make those two for yourself so that you don't bother?)

It would be an extremely popular item indeed, a lot of my friend would want one too, and I'd buy several, in case my car breaks down and I have to buy a new one.

@dorian gray: Belgian politicians don't know what to do with their time so they make up dumb-ass traffic regulations, a few moths ago they more than doubled the fines for speeding :bah: , but that will all soon be over because elections are coming up here in Belgium, so... :devil:
:headbang:

I spent the day down at a signmakers the other day... was planning on doing myself an Opeth and Astriaal vinyl sticker... but I couldn't find high quality logos for either bands on the day.

Hm the logo files that exist on the net are of too low quality to make such a big sticker. Youd "just" need to vectorize the logo, and dont need a font.

guinness said:
@alphacorvus: So you have the machine to make it but you don't because...???

(Are you limited to making just one or two or is it too much work just to make those two for yourself so that you don't bother?)

I don't do it because my company really wouldn't appreciate using their vinyl for my personal use..:p

Also, weeding out a design that intricate in vinyl would probably take 30mins to an hour to get it done right. Not the kind of thing i could mass-produce.

alphacorvus said:
I don't do it because my company really wouldn't appreciate using their vinyl for my personal use..:p

Also, weeding out a design that intricate in vinyl would probably take 30mins to an hour to get it done right. Not the kind of thing i could mass-produce.

I can understand that, it's a pity though :cry:
I!ll just have to keep on searching then...

guinness: i hope you dont think i was cracking on belgian pols. i am actually impressed with europes relative progressiveness. keep in mind, i may be wrong about that. however, i think it is a good idea to restrict the size and color of stickers and to double the fines for speeding. here in america, people are driving large trucks (always just one person in a vehicle that seats 8) with the rear windows tinted all the way black. that means, that when behind that person, you cant see through their car, and thus have very little foreknowledge or whats going on in front of that person. here in america, speeding is a major cause of accidents. the roads simply arent designed to speed. dont get me wrong, i like it when people die because theres one less moron to worry about but accidents cause my insurance to increase and my medical insurance rates to go up. one more thing, i also admire europes penchant for having a high gas tax. evidence shows that high gas taxes force people to use mass transit and own less shit like cars. sorry to ramble on. its not everyday i get to talk to someone from belgium.

@blackmetalemp: Thanks heaps for the huge *.gif file :worship: :worship:
What happened to the p, e, t and h? ;) :D
And why on earth has the pic been removed? :confused:
Do you have any other big opeth pics I could use as a basis to make a car sticker from?

@dorian gray: Don't you worry, I'm not easily offended.
As long as you don't get rid of Bush, Europe will remain more progressive, I guess... :confused: not all European countries are that progressive, though...
The fines for speeding can go as high as three month's salary...
Even when there is absolutely positively noone on the highway(with 4 lanes), they WILL "take your picture" with their rotten hidden speedcameras, even in the middle of the night (all our highways are very well lit at night, no danger at all you see) In school areas and busy city centres I agree, you shouldn't speed there
About the cars, high prices forced constructors to build better engineered cars, and not simply rely on the "cubic inches", but here in Europe as well, people are buying more and more pickup trucks and "people carriers", and I don't like that either, their clogging up the roads.
I like my windows to be tinted, but I also like to still SEE through them, especially in busy city traffic, so my windows are just slightly tinted :D

And ramble on all you want, it's the first time ever I've talked to an American before and maybe you can help change the image I have(and 99% of the Europeans with me) of the "average American"... no offence...
besides, everyone who likes Opeth is a friend of mine :cool: