Ever heard Opeth coming from another car?

Risquit

Sep 16, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Never. Just once I want to have to turn down my stereo to go...wait a minute...is that car next to me playing fucking Opeth? And then I would give them the nod of approval.

Or maybe have some dude hear it coming from my car, and go, "yeah, Opeth!"

Too bad every dickhead with a loud stereo is blasting rap like they are the coolest on the planet.

I've never heard another car playing any Opeth :(
The closest it's ever been was when I was crossing the street and a guy in a white pickup was playing Pantera.

The last time I heard Opeth being played by anyone but me was on the radio while me and my friend were on a road trip. I tuned the radio to...Master's Apprentices. Turns out it was a girl in a car in front of us podcasting. She had good taste in music, so I car-stalked her for about two hours.

I've thought about blasting Opeth like those dickheads blast rap, but I guess that would be almost as bad.

once *I* was blasting Opeth as I went through a tollbooth, and as I peeled out, the car in the next one over rolled down their windows and 2 dudes gave me the shaka \m/.

that was mad cool.

Godhead's Lament said:
Never. Whenever Opeth is on, I always turn the volume to max and open the windows. I can see people going "What the fuck is he listening to?"

Yeah I always get weird looks...I dont even roll down the windows...I just play Opeth loud so people can just hear growling coming from inside my little car...:tickled:

FUBAR said:
Yeah I always get weird looks...I dont even roll down the windows...I just play Opeth loud so people can just hear growling coming from inside my little car...:tickled:

tinycar1ym.jpg

Yeah thats it! :wave: my little car...I'm not midget BTW...actually make that "little person".

Seriously that Image cracked me up! The text was icing on the cake...

I have the extreme disfortune of living in Maine, where people around me listen to nothing but rap and country........................................................................ (5 minutes later) whoops, sorry I puked! Anyway, I'm probably only 1 out of 5 people in my entire town that even like Opeth. I KNOW I'm the only one who posts on these forums, and the only one who has actually heard all their albums. Very sad...

^ at least 20 people in K-town listen to Opeth.
I would blast Opeth, but some guy with bad taste in music stole my radio. (not my cd's). It was hilarious though. You could see a trail of blood leading away from my car from where he smashed my window.

I've never heard Opeth being played from another car, but anyone that happened to be on that 61 km road from Eildon to Jamieson I was driving the other day did. I was blasting Still Life as I drove a dusty windy road, only to realise halfway through Moonlapse that I was in a forest listening to Opeth. Now I'm a true fan, correct?

I've yet to hear Opeth from another Car, but my system is always cranked up.

I saw a girl (early 20's) wearing an Opeth shirt at a restauant recently. It was from the Damnation Tour.

Same as you all...never. But listen for me in the nortnern VA area in the gray tahoe. I got subwoofers conventionally used for rap music but you'll only hear metal and classical coming out of them. Well, I turn it down near old people or in my own neighborhood out of respect.