Opeth in Israel: Show cancelled

Eh, it was wrong to put politics into this discussion right from the get go. Political discussions concerning Israel on the web are never neutral, and are always full of dumb and untrue accusations from both sides. The point is, people who aren't living here can never understand this complex situation thoroughly, and so there is no point in supporting or criticizing any one of the sides.

Anyways, Opeth surely has no political agenda in this matter whatsoever. Had they had one, they wouldn't have performed here in 06.

Besides, I'm sure any one of you, regardless of his thoughts about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, can relate to a fellow Opeth fan dissapointed by a show getting cancelled.

I want to say something to all of the brothers here
Israel is the only country in the world for Jewish people

we survived and we formed our county the only place in the world where jewish can live and to be acceptable!!

so you all cannot tell us to go somewhere else because we don't have somewhere else,

Last time I checked, there were thousands of Jews living in the US, in Europe and even in Germany. I would go as far as to say that those Jews are safer where they are than the ones living in Israel.
I just can't grasp the concept of creating a country based on a religion, as opposed to an ethnicity. A Jew from Morocco or Spain is as different from a Polish or German Jew than a Brazillian Catholic is from a German one.

As always, Israel presented as the worst.
Some people here really need to start THINKING.
Seriously, I didn't know Opeth fans can't think.
Please delete/lock this thread.

can't we all just agree that both israelis and palestinians are maniacal retards fighting under ludicrous religious premises

Israel is the only country in the world for Jewish people

2.5% of the US population is Jewish.
Yet they own the majority of the wealth

The US seems like a pretty good place for Jewish people ??

Back to the original topic of the thread, it's too bad Opeth has yet to visit Israel.
Once again I'm thankful I get to see them a couple times a year.

Some posts have been removed.

I suggest some of the more immature folks on this forum who can't control what they say (or how they say it) just refrain from replying in this thread. If not you'll be banned for a while, you know, time out for big kids. :rolleyes:

2.5% of the US population is Jewish.
Yet they own the majority of the wealth

The US seems like a pretty good place for Jewish people ??

Back to the original topic of the thread, it's too bad Opeth has yet to visit Israel.
Once again I'm thankful I get to see them a couple times a year.
Well, your one mistake is that Opeth has visited Israel. They performed on April 1st 2006 and kicked some major ass.

The U.S. army has killed more people in the middle east in the last three decades than Israel has in its entire history. If a country's moral standing in "stupid wars" had anything to do with why or why not Opeth could tour there, they'd stay in Sweden. God this forum sucks.

Some posts have been removed.

I suggest some of the more immature folks on this forum who can't control what they say (or how they say it) just refrain from replying in this thread. If not you'll be banned for a while, you know, time out for big kids. :rolleyes:
What the fuck! That guys advocating Israel's killing spree comments are not removed but mine removed? As if I have something to fear of your ban, you idiot!

The U.S. army has killed more people in the middle east in the last three decades than Israel has in its entire history. If a country's moral standing in "stupid wars" had anything to do with why or why not Opeth could tour there, they'd stay in Sweden. God this forum sucks.

Are you a moron? Who said Opeth's show cancellation had anything to do with Israel's moral standing? Nobody did.

In case you didn't notice, Hamas is a terrorist organization, they have no "god", they are barbarians,

If you are choosing to support the terrorist and not Israel then you are a terrorist not less then HAMAS!

About the show, i am deeply disappointed. twice in a year your show is canceled... come to Israel as soon as you can.

Are you saying that by having no "god", people are barbarians? If so you are deeply mistaken. In fact, it seems like the more a person embraces a god, the more barbaric THEY are!
You need to watch your tongue.

So not wanting to support/give a shit about Israel makes a person a terrorist? Think about what you said, and properly insult yourself so I don't have to.

Are you saying that by having no "god", people are barbarians? If so you are deeply mistaken. In fact, it seems like the more a person embraces a god, the more barbaric THEY are!
You need to watch your tongue.

So not wanting to support/give a shit about Israel makes a person a terrorist? Think about what you said, and properly insult yourself so I don't have to.

He didn't mean to say that if you does not believe in god than you are barbarian, but as a Slang that is used in the Hebrew language is that, you do something that is wrong without thinking about the results, or about what is right and wrong.

I'm really sorry I opened this thread..just a mess.

Why can't people understand it has nothing to do with our political issues, but that we are just disappointed ?

Yes, as above - the thread is a big fail.

Just delete or lock it...

Opeth is the greatest band ever!
We love you all opeth's fans
keep rocking.
this argument wont over.