Opeth in Israel: Show cancelled

^ Wanting to enjoy music has nothing to do with politics or war. I´m sorry your show got cancelled and I hope Opeth comes back for you soon.

Cut it out with "you". I don't run my country you know, the government does.

Believe me people feel guilty, but hell it's not my fucking choice. I didn't invent anything, I guess as an Israeli I take things personally

Okay that's just plain stupid

That's fucking bitchy. Again with the fucking blaming. I feel like shit coming back to this forum after 4 months and falling into this crap. As if every israeli citizen decided to go to war. Fuck. Can't this forum be about other things than what you're told on the news? I acutally feel like shit writing all this.

+THE GEAR NOT COMING IN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUCKING WAR/STRIKE/GENOCIDE/KILLING FOR FUN YEY MISSION. Israeli costumes have always been fucking annoying and slow like shit, it has nothing to do with Gaza. It's just the stupid fucking government policies, and they were always like that.
I know how you feel dude, it's shitty when everyone blames you for things you didn't do but coz you just have a common part of identity as the asshole who done watever shit !!! Shame on fucking leaders.
But you fans have nothing to do with that. I hope they will come back for ya soon and then come to play here too :p

People around here throwing blame like a flying saucer should do their homework, and Nadav, you really shouldn't be dragged into this argument. Opeth didn't cancel the show because of the continuously fucked-up situation in Israel, they did that because the costumes and security in Israeli airports is, and always has been, very slow and precise. Should Opeth reschedule the show for when they have more spare time they shouldn't have a problem doing the gig.

So everybody stop fighting and making yourselves sound like idiots. Let us all just live in peace and look at things in a more enlightened and mature way because some of the things said here are downright embarrassing.

Good day everyone.

I took a class once at my University about the conflict in Israel (it was a little pro-Israel bias, afterall, the US is pro-Israel bias). I can't claim I payed that much attention, but wasn't there like this treaty that Palestine and Israel made that settled the land dispute? Then didn't Israel continue to expand into the territory Israel gave to Palestine, driving the Palestinians out? Actually, in the first place, wasn't the UN considering giving the Jews their country somewhere in Africa or South America (can't recall which continent), but the Jews thought they were entitled to prime real estate (even if it was already inhabited)?

Knowing how much I love seeing Opeth, I can only imagine how pissed off the people of Israel are since the show was canceled. Hopefully Opeth will visit there again in the near future, maybe after the summer festival season or something.

p.s. I was trying to be all fancy with those questions. They're more like facts, but from a fuzzy memory. I think they should just go back to that treaty, and give all the houses they made to the Palestinians as "interest" on their "loan."

Yeah Prog, someone talked about the other country earlier, I think it was Uganda.

BTW everyone check the Ohio show thread. I left a present there for you.

both countries are terrible places filled with terrible people who believe in terrible religions, the only peace in the middle east will be when they're all dead, which hopefully will be soon

hahahahahahaha its customs not costumes! Costumes are the shit you where on halloween.
Anyways...... Widows Sulk, you are either sarcastic or really fucked up.....................

both countries are terrible places filled with terrible people who believe in terrible religions, the only peace in the middle east will be when they're all dead, which hopefully will be soon

You don't know shit about these places, mate.
The Middle-East is breathtakingly beautiful and its inhabitants, regardless of what they might believe in, are among the nicest and most friendly people I have met.
Don't confound religious doctrines (as interpreted by some extremists on both sides) with the mentality and cultural heritage of an ethnicity!

Ok, so.... how bout that Opeth band and their shows and stuff? (mouse hovers over the lock button)

Wow, feel free to lock one of the rare serious (albeit heated) debates that take place in this forum, and that arose out of Opeth as a subject. :rolleyes:

I, for one, prefer subjects like this over the gazillion "Umm, yeah, so this song sucks" or "Yo mama" threads...

The plan offered was offered sometime in the 19th century. It's not valid any more.

Besides, the reality is that Israel exists and is a country, with 7 million citizens, and it has cities, malls, schools, streets, pavements, restaurents, a government, intel google and microsoft have research facilities in Israel. It's not like we sleep in tents and scare people with our pitchforks. So you can't go around saying "why hasn't anyone thought of just moving them to someplace else?" It's simply not possible. When the Israeli government evicted Israeli settlers in Gaza it was practically impossible, and it's still unbelievable that it went through (I support it completely by the way).

It's a reality, and it's a lot more complex than people think. I think our job is not to blame one another for shit, but to try and reconcile on personal terms not regarding the government. I know there are some people on the other side who think the same, I wish there was a way to know.

Can you guys agree with that?

It's a reality, and it's a lot more complex than people think. I think our job is not to blame one another for shit, but to try and reconcile on personal terms not regarding the government. I know there are some people on the other side who think the same, I wish there was a way to know.

Can you guys agree with that?

I do.

Cut it out with "you". I don't run my country you know, the government does.

Believe me people feel guilty, but hell it's not my fucking choice. I didn't invent anything, I guess as an Israeli I take things personally

dude, I totally hear you but I never meant you as Opeth fans are responsible for the slaughter your country is fucking up Gaza with. That's not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is Opeth is a cool band, that's all. o_O

Wow, feel free to lock one of the rare serious (albeit heated) debates that take place in this forum, and that arose out of Opeth as a subject. :rolleyes:

I, for one, prefer subjects like this over the gazillion "Umm, yeah, so this song sucks" or "Yo mama" threads...

Don't lecture me. I know how to do my job.

Don't lecture me. I know how to do my job.

I wasn't was I?
I merely defended this thread for being somewhat more substantial than some other posts I have been seeing in this forum. The fact that it's been some while (since I last saw any of those) though means that you do your job right.

I heard the gig was cancelled due to fears of Isreali fans forcing non-israeli fans into a small corner of the gig venue and forcing them to watch the gig with a really bad view in cramped conditions and taking away their human rights and breaking internation law countless times

just what i heard anyway

It's kind of impossible to FEEL like at home after the people surrounding you acted out of their way to kill you and humiliate you, tear you apart of any human remains.

You live in Haifa which is where my girfriend's father lived before he was forced out at gunpoint. Having left the country he was left with no homeland, friends and family killed, he could never return and for the rest of his life was in deep mourning for the loss of his country, friends, family etc. Why are you more justified to live there than he was? :/ You may now feel like you 'have a home' but in doing so there are a large number of people in the position where you were, with a feeling of homelessness.

Holy shit nadavnaz, fantastic defense.

I'm going to Israel this summer on this trip the UJF is putting on. Maybe I should give a couple of you guys my cell # in case there's a possibility of meeting up, but then the schedule is incredibly packed.