Opeth Introduction Music

aname23

New Metal Member
May 6, 2008
I was watching an interview with Mikael just now in which he mentioned and praised a Beatles song called Tomorrow Never Dies.

Having never heard the song, I went on Youtube and searched it up.

Upon listening, I found that the intro reminded me a LOT of the intro music that Opeth uses for it's live shows. I'm not sure if they use the same intro music for every show (as I haven't been to one until this September), but I recognised the music from their Lamentations DVD.

Anyone else find a similarity?

EDIT: I'm mainly talking about the first 5-6 seconds of the youtube clip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. They open up with the track 'Zwiespräche Der Rohrflöte Mit Der Sängerin' by Popol Vuh.

That is wrong, it is "Through Pain To Heaven" by Popol Vuh, found on the "Nosferatu - Original Soundtrack" album.

For the record, "Zwiespräche..." starts up with the same noise (don't know what instrument / thing it is)

I was watching an interview with Mikael just now in which he mentioned and praised a Beatles song called Tomorrow Never Dies.

Having never heard the song, I went on Youtube and searched it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1u489DqbMQ

Upon listening, I found that the intro reminded me a LOT of the intro music that Opeth uses for it's live shows. I'm not sure if they use the same intro music for every show (as I haven't been to one until this September), but I recognised the music from their Lamentations DVD.

Anyone else find a similarity?

EDIT: I'm mainly talking about the first 5-6 seconds of the youtube clip.
This is not the original Tomorrow never knows.
It's a remix of "Within you, Without You" and Tomorrow never knows".