OPETH @ LILLE (Fives), F - 'Le Splendid'

Midwinter_melancholY

¨‘°ºOrnamental adagiOº°‘¨
Nov 30, 2002
Belgium
www.hanenwurger.org
So we drive for two hours to Tilburg and afterward it appears they were giving a gig at 'Le Splendid' in Lille (Fives), about 15 minutes driving from where I live! This time it wasn't a festival (unlike in Tilburg) so they had more time for interaction with the audience, which gave the typical great atmosphere. (Mikael joked that he "should watch it so he wouldn't talk Swedish, because he felt at home that moment", at least that's what I understood :D )

After some acoustic notes and a rising electrical sound, hell breaks out with 'The Leper Affinity', followed by 'Advent', the Morningrise classic.
From the new album they played 'Deliverance' and 'A Fair Judgement' (thrilling!). As well as (not in the exact order):
Godhead's Lament
The Drapery Falls
CREDENCE!
Serenity Painted Death

'A Fair Judgement' was the official end of the show. But no Opeth concert without 'Demon of the Fall'! So the Opethians came back for two reasons:
* To unleash the Demon of the Fall :devil:
* To announce Peter's birthday, of which a friend and me were informed on this board (Thanks for that!), so we started loudly congratulating Peter during the announcement, which took care for some surprised eyes in the public :)

Demon of the Fall was pure hellfire! The crowd went totally insàne! :D

P.S.: The support act (Madder Mortem from Norway) seemed as a worthful promise for the metalscene.

Yesss, it was incredible !!! I saw them the night before in Belgium, and Lille was really better ! The "Happy Birthday Peter" song was really nice :D... And we met Peter after the show, this guy is really nice !! "la classe" !!

Midwinter_melancholY said:
We need the login + password to view your album. But when we have, we can modify it, so I propose you upload them @ www.villagephotos.com and make it a public gallery :Spin:

No, you don't have to register to see the album, you can view it as a unregistered user, it is public. And I don't think you can modify it, unless you know my password !! :D
Just retry ! :cool:

Worked! Were you @ Le Splendid?

At least ! :D
Yes I was at the Splendid 'gig (as I live near Lille), but I didn't bring my camera (we usually aren't allowed to enter with it, unlike in Belgium... but it was possible this time... :err:). I wish I took this @#%$@ camera, I would have a pic with the mighty and beautiful Peter :p

Chaostar said:
At least ! :D
Yes I was at the Splendid 'gig (as I live near Lille), but I didn't bring my camera (we usually aren't allowed to enter with it, unlike in Belgium... but it was possible this time... :err:). I wish I took this @#%$@ camera, I would have a pic with the mighty and beautiful Peter :p
We stood on the second row (Peter's side) and released the peasant's call "OEREEUUH!" after 'A Fair Judgement' while they were back stage (before demon) :D

Chaostar said:
We were at the same place, my girlfriend and me :D
You had a goatee and glasses (short hair) am I right?

I have somewhat the same signalisation, except for the glasses (had L-formed sideburns : P ). Wore a darkbrown leather jacket, a friend who stood beside me wore a light brown jacket.

You had a goatee and glasses (short hair) am I right?

I have somewhat the same signalisation, except for the glasses (had L-formed sideburns : P ). Wore a darkbrown leather jacket, a friend who stood beside me wore a light brown jacket.

No glasses for me... And I don't really remember the guys around me... See U next time ! :D

VOUS ME DEGOUTEZ!!! loooool mais pr moi c t le contraire....car je pouvais pas aller a tilburg meme si c bcp plus proche de chez moi alors j'allais aller a Lille.... heureusement ke c t bien quand meme ^^ bref c'est bon je la ferme :dopey: et je vous di hailz mes fellow francais lol

Je ne comprend si bien que tu as dit, mais c'est peut-être parceque je suis flamand et je n'ai vu beaucoup de abrévations françaises comme ça. Tu n'est pas allez à Tilbourg parceque tu ne pouvais pas, mais tu est allez à Lille même que c'est plus lion de Tilbourg pour toi - c'est ça?

Hailz de Courtrai (Belgique).

Vous êtes un français de Rotterdam? Zoiets hoor je niet vaak :)
yeah i'm french but I live in Rotterdam...hahahaha :lol: sorry i didn't realise you didnt understand my abreviated french...i guess i didn't think about that! sorry and yes you were right...i couldnt go to tilburg so i was planning on going to Lille but ended up missing both concert :ill: et je suis pas un francais mais UNE francaise :Spin:

Euh, excusez moi mais j'etais pas du tout au courant que Opeth repassait en France, ils ont joue quand? :\
Merci d'avance.