opeth live

purplestickypunch

New Metal Member
May 23, 2002
Visit site
i have only recently got into opeh. i have black water park and still life and think there both awesome. Id really like to go see opeth live next week but im unsure of what to expect.

what can i expect?

a pure musical experience... Don't expect glammor, because it's not there... It's just pure raw energy and emotion... Definately go... (I got into them BECAUSE of their live show, if that tells you anything...)

i have a friend who once told me "opeth fuckin' sucks live, man. they just stand there." and i promptly laughed at him and called him a silly git.

i saw them in april 2001 and i was amazed for a week. i stood there in absolute awe.... their playing is perfect live: they don't dumb down or falter. it's fucking great.

Yeah definitly go, you can't go wrong!

I saw them play in San Jose California at The Cactus Club and they were spectaculer! One of the best concerts I have ever been to!

Well.. no need to say much.. I just couldn't believe that Opeth's music could be performed live.. it was just too much.. how wrong I was..

Originally posted by Hearse
Martin Mendez looks so fucking cool while he plays!
And damn, he must be one of the best bassist I've ever seen playing live... actually he was.

i agree!
and i love it when he beats his bass :p

anyways, opeth is amazing live.. the 2 times ive seen them was the best days of my life

That reminds me, when I saw them last year, I remember Mendez started head banging like right away...first song. I had to laugh. I was so excited to be there and actually getting to see them live. I remember thinking "They're from Sweden? I'll never see them live."

I never anticipated seeing a show so much before.

You should definitely go, because I can't and I just want to get a ladder and jump from somewhere high. :cry: :cry:

You can expect a soulwrenching, fantastic concert. It's brilliant.
I'd love to see them playing more than one hour, only seen them at two festivals so far. Two and a half hour live opeth would be lovely.

yup

Having seen them in london last year, I thought they were awesome. Played the songs absolutely perfectly. Lots of energy. They didnt move around that much (except for some entertaining cheesy synchronised headbandging at a few points) but they are playing damn complicated stuff and had great stage presence. One thing to be noted is that they were NOT what I expected live. I expected them to take it all very seriously and be maybe a bit pompous but instead they completely rocked. They kinda ditched a lot of the emotional melancholy element of the songs and just went for rocking and really enjoying themselves - different approach to the albums. Michael had a cheesy grin on his face all night and came across as almost american (especially with the new Dave Windorf facial hair)! He spoke great english, joked with some hecklers who called him a sweedish cunt (!) etc. The melodic vocal parts in pretty much every song turned into a big crowd singalong moment.