Opeth is alive

hibernal_dream

A Mind Forever Voyaging
Jul 10, 2001
Grave with a view
I'm 31, and I'm a real fan of Opeth since Still life. For me Opeth was at his best at Black Water Park . I really love Damnation and deliverance too. But since the new line up and the album Ghost reverie, Opeth stands up .
For me, Opeth is now, a towering statue above other classic metal bands.
Opeth was my favourite band among alls the bands i've listened to for 20 years of music.

Really impressed and happy.... :kickass:

this is the happiest I've seen Hibernal in months.

A sign of good things to come?

:Smug: I'm going to have to go ahead and call bullshit on your opinion. You're entitled to it, but I don't think you're being honest. If you really care that much for the band then why are you here? Trolling for high fives? Looking for someone to pat you on the back? For that to happen you won't have to state more of a case than, "since the new line up and the album Ghost reverie, Opeth stands up" and "Opeth is now, a towering statue above other classic metal bands". That really tells us fanboys all we need to know. However, if you want to be more specific in your praise, please type away since that's what we're really about 'round these here parts...

I'm 31, and I'm a real fan of Opeth since Still life. For me Opeth was at his best at Black Water Park . I really love Damnation and deliverance too. But since the new line up and the album Ghost reverie, Opeth stands up .
For me, Opeth is now, a towering statue above other classic metal bands.
Opeth was my favourite band among alls the bands i've listened to for 20 years of music.

Really impressed and happy.... :kickass:

Very mature...maybe one of the members of the revered Opeth will respond and you can cream in your panties, kill yourself and die completely fulfilled.

:Smug: I'm going to have to go ahead and call bullshit on your opinion. You're entitled to it, but I don't think you're being honest. If you really care that much for the band then why are you here? Trolling for high fives? Looking for someone to pat you on the back? For that to happen you won't have to state more of a case than, "since the new line up and the album Ghost reverie, Opeth stands up" and "Opeth is now, a towering statue above other classic metal bands". That really tells us fanboys all we need to know. However, if you want to be more specific in your praise, please type away since that's what we're really about 'round these here parts...

:lol:

The worst thing about Opeth is the fans, and that includes me. We're all a bunch of whiny douchebags who are pissed that Opeth isn't the same anymore but we bitch about it when they do something similar to what they've done, or God forbid, "sell out". I know this is retarded coming from someone who did my own bitching literally like 2 seconds ago, but at least I'm man enough to admit that I'm doing it instead of just being like that and getting all defensive and fighting with the other kids on a message board. :lol:

I think it's ridiculous how belligerent we've all become at this point. I used to love to just listen to the music and enjoy but now it has been tainted by the experiences gained on the opethforums. Opeth will never die because we've got their CDs and the memories, even in 30 years or more. They may be taking a different direction with new people now but it's too early to pass judgment, just like it's too early to pass judgment on the Van Halen reunion.

Being belligerent assholes to one another is one of the redeeming qualities of this forum...for me anyways. :)

The worst thing about Opeth is the fans, and that includes me. We're all a bunch of whiny douchebags who are pissed that Opeth isn't the same anymore but we bitch about it when they do something similar to what they've done, or God forbid, "sell out". I know this is retarded coming from someone who did my own bitching literally like 2 seconds ago, but at least I'm man enough to admit that I'm doing it instead of just being like that and getting all defensive and fighting with the other kids on a message board. :lol:

I think it's ridiculous how belligerent we've all become at this point. I used to love to just listen to the music and enjoy but now it has been tainted by the experiences gained on the opethforums. Opeth will never die because we've got their CDs and the memories, even in 30 years or more. They may be taking a different direction with new people now but it's too early to pass judgment, just like it's too early to pass judgment on the Van Halen reunion.

What's all this fucking "We" bullshit!?!

These boards can be a source of information for anyone investigating a particular band, thus increasing the fanbase, which, in turn, may increase the longevity of the band. In short, it's a form of support. The conduct on this board would certainly sway any potential fans or listeners from giving this band a shot. I can't imagine anyone would want to associate with a fanbase like this. Opeth is alive....but good luck with fans like this.