Opeth is dead

opethfan

New Metal Member
Mar 17, 2003
France
Visit site
I'm 31, and I'm a real fan of Opeth since Still life. For me Opeth was at his best at Black Water Park . I really love Damnation and deliverance too. But since the new line up and the album Ghost reverie, Opeth falls down .
For me, Opeth is now, just a band among others classic metal bands.
Opeth was my favourite band among alls the bands i've listened to for 20 years of music.

Really disapointed and sad....

What are you talking about?? Ghost Reveries was a fucking fantastic album, as with all the other releases! Yes they lost 2 key members but bands go through this, plus Mikael writes all the music so I wouldn't expect a big change. I for one am excited for the new album.. It must be nice for the Opeth guys to come to their forum with some asshole stating how the band is dead after all the great material you have released. Retarded thread.

I'm 31, and I'm a real fan of Opeth since Still life. For me Opeth was at his best at Black Water Park . I really love Damnation and deliverance too. But since the new line up and the album Ghost reverie, Opeth falls down .
Opeth was my favourite band among alls the bands i've listened to for 20 years of music.

fair enough...well sorry to hear taht...goodbye...dont see why u shoudl be posting here anymore then...well bye.....PEAC EOUT

That's your opinion and I can respect that. However, I feel that Ghost Reveries is Opeth's best album since Still Life. I think that maybe they fell into a little bit of a funk for D1 and D2 but now they are back on track. Peter and Lopez didn't significantly contribute to the music so I don't think much will change for the next album.

Quit being a crybaby moron

:Smug: I'm going to have to go ahead and call bullshit on your opinion. You're entitled to it, but I don't think you're being honest. If you really don't care that much for the band then why are you here? Trolling for an argument? Looking for someone to change your mind? For that to happen you would have to state more of a case than, "since the new line up and the album Ghost reverie, Opeth falls down" and "Opeth is now, just a band among others classic metal bands". That really doesn't tell us shit about what you're so dissapointed. Be specific or be gone. Whinin' aint tollerated 'round these here parts...

Ghost Reveries kicks ass just like all of their other albums, they're all equally bitchin in their own ways. When a member of a band is such a huge part of it like Mikael is lineup changes don't really mean anything.

SCREW IT! I'M MOONING MY PIANO TEACHER! I HATE HER! SCREW THAT BITCH!

Now, on the subject...

NO, simply no.

Ghost reveries was a great acheivment in many aspects. Aside from being an album with truly well written music, all the player's performed perfectly (in my opinion). Mike's singing voice improved amazingly, and his growling was as perfect as always.

and to all those saying the line-up doesn't mean anything...

It does. Of course it does. It means a lot. But, I'm not worried one bit over akkeson's and axenrot's performance. Mike KNOWS which players to pick for HIS OWN BAND, and he would never compromise.

how right was hibernal dream...

opeth is not the perfect band folks. Be it the new lineup or whatever, the OP doesn't enjoy ghost reveries, and he isn't alone. sure we all say "lay off the noob" when they post "hai guyz i like opeth alot!!!111", but when a noob doesn't jerk it to opeth we get these comments? fuck that and fuck you.