Opeth is dead

fuck this shit thread. I find it so pathetic when people who finally come around to making posts make shit ones like this. Yes it's his opinion, but he's saying it on a pro-opeth forum.

IMO this retard is just trying to get attention. so fuck off opethfan.

The thread is named "Opeth"...not "Pro Opeth fans only". The guy was merely opening a discussion by offering his opinion. It shows the maturity level here...quite a collection of pompous ass-munchers who feel that worshipping this silly band elevates them to some higher intellectual level. I'd rather have a discussion with a forum of Ratt fans as long as they were hospitable and open minded.

Such intelligent, emotional, deep and sensitive fans...some stating how they weep when they listen to Still Life (ha! :puke: ). An actual fan quote - "the album is full of emotion its just too much to handle in my case, so fucking beautiful it makes me cry sometimes."

What an inmature reaction to a fellow fans opinion.

both bashing and drooling over opeth are equally redundant and trite, and people who make stupid threads about either subject should be drawn and quartered

The thread is named "Opeth"...not "Pro Opeth fans only". The guy was merely opening a discussion by offering his opinion. It shows the maturity level here...quite a collection of pompous ass-munchers who feel that worshipping this silly band elevates them to some higher intellectual level. I'd rather have a discussion with a forum of Ratt fans as long as they were hospitable and open minded.

Such intelligent, emotional, deep and sensitive fans...some stating how they weep when they listen to Still Life (ha! :puke: ). An actual fan quote - "the album is full of emotion its just too much to handle in my case, so fucking beautiful it makes me cry sometimes."

What an inmature reaction to a fellow fans opinion.

Gimme a break.

I agree. I still dig GR and listen to as frequently as the other Opeth releases. Opeth is progressing as a band, which is a good thing. The band's sound is fuller and more complex than it used to be, but it's still Opeth. Tbh, I'm not sure how one can like their earlier material and not at least enjoy Ghost Reveries. I mean, it's not like Mike has turned into Phil Collins and is now making mid-80's Genesis with Per and Bass subbing for Rutherford and Banks.

You don't change your opinion, but yet you used to think they were "alive" whatever the fuck that means. Hypocrite much? Kill yourself.

/thread

you're a retard. he means he used to think they were 'alive' pre GR, but now because of GR theyr'e 'dead' thats not a hypocrite... read the fuckin dictionary.

Obviously you didn't understand what I was saying. Also bear in mind I wasn't exactly being the most serious person in the world.

He stated "I don't change my opinion." But for him to come to the astute conclusion that Opeth is dead, he would have had to of thought/believed that at one time while he was/is a fan of Opeth they were alive. Meaning, he changed his "opinion" from Opeth being alive, to Opeth be dead, which he said he doesn't do. Thus, proving he is a hypocrite.

However, in reality the entire statement and basis for such a claim is, well I hate using this word, but absurd to the nth degree.

joo understand m3 n0w?

edit: Now that I look back, I'm realized he is from France which would explain why half of his sentences don't make sense. I'm probably digging a bit deep into what he said, but whatever. Kiss my ass.

Dude, if you're ragging on him for not making sense, you need to look at your own writing. You're American for fuck's sake and you can barely form a sentence.

I agree. I still dig GR and listen to as frequently as the other Opeth releases. Opeth is progressing as a band, which is a good thing. The band's sound is fuller and more complex than it used to be, but it's still Opeth. Tbh, I'm not sure how one can like their earlier material and not at least enjoy Ghost Reveries. I mean, it's not like Mike has turned into Phil Collins and is now making mid-80's Genesis with Per and Bass subbing for Rutherford and Banks.

I definitely agree with abby here. Mike's guitar playing, vocals, and songwriting have progressively become better and better and with GR we see Mike at the top of his game. I think he can only get better still. I have no doubt that the next album is going to kick ass. The OP is a bunch of bullocks and is based on absolutely nothing.

Exactly...give everyone a break.

i feel the thread starter has a right to his opinion. but with threads like this that seem to be growing more and more it's turning this forum into complete shit. yeah maybe gr sucked to u, but instead of started a "GR Fails, Opeth Fails" why not create a positive opeth thread about the songs, album, etc. that you love from opeth.

in closing, fuck you for agreeing with opethfan's opinion and feeling like you had to stand up for him. im so fucking sick of people like you and the other's claiming opeth is dead. if they're so dead to you then quit telling us they are, for fucks sake. quit posting on this forum, leave those who still admire opeth even though their style has changed alone, we're anxious for future album's that will inspire us.

Fact is the OP never gave a reason behind his "opinion" and so failed miserably. "I don't change my opinion" like that's something to brag about ffs.... why not just come out and say, "I'm a jackass!"... well, congratulations. :rolleyes: :shakeshead: