Opeth is dead

If i am here, it's because i LOVE Opeth Albums from Still life to Damnation.
i just give my opinion, and i'm really disapointed to see that some people are really unable to understand that all is not always black or white ! i LOVE Opeth but not Ghost reverie. I consider that Opeth is dead since this album.
Now, for some people, Try to understand what i say, and use your brain. Maybe i would be easier for you if i would write : EVERY albums of OPETH ARE PERFECT AND DEEP !!!

hmm...not always black and white, but opeth puts out an album you don't care for and that's it, they're dead?

it's fine that you don't like ghost reveries, but it's mindblowing that you're surprised or "disappointed" that saying "opeth is dead" would stir up so much shit.

hmm...not always black and white, but opeth puts out an album you don't care for and that's it, they're dead?

it's fine that you don't like ghost reveries, but it's mindblowing that you're surprised or "disappointed" that saying "opeth is dead" would stir up so much shit.

In that case, i'm ok with you.
And my thread was not here to make a war on a forum. I just needed to tell what i really felt since Ghost Reveries.

It's ok not to like Ghost Reveries. However, saying Opeth are dead because you don't like one album out of their whole (8 records) discography is just stupid. With Opeth always doing the opposite of what people expect them to do, there will always be people who don't like their work.

Ghost Reveries is, in my opinion, one of the best albums Opeth has recorded along with Blackwater Park and Still Life.

Meh. It's your loss, man. I'd say it's pretty damn good if a band can release 8 albums and you only dislike one. I'll admit, GR was my least listened-to Opeth album, but I'm making up for it now with continual plays.

Maybe you should've re-considered the melodrama of the original post/title though. I think Opeth have a lot of life left in them yet, and that the new album will be full of surprises, some good and maybe some bad. That's life though. For all we know something purely evil could be lurking in Mike's head, and that we'll have the best album yet. Or maybe they'll turn Emo. :Smug: You never know!

Er, yeah, so you may not have liked GR, but surely the new stuff will be worth a shot? Worth more than a dismissive "they used to be great, but I won't bother" anyway.

If everyone had access to cheap strong belgian ales, this forum would be a utopia of peace.

In that case, i'm ok with you.
And my thread was not here to make a war on a forum. I just needed to tell what i really felt since Ghost Reveries.

i wish u could shed some light on why GR is so fucking terrible? or are u just going to act like a bull-headed dumbass that stands by his word, yet doesnt know why he is.

ghost reveries put way to much emphasis on keys, and some parts sounded, for the first time in opeth's discography, to cheesy. apart from the first two tracks, the album doesn't really hold up, especially the grand conjuration and atonement.

anyways the album still blows 99.9% of others artists out of the water, and i'll continue to buy anything and everything opeth put out, but i still feel let down by GR.

You have to admit, The Baying Of The Hounds has the most epic section ever in an Opeth song.

The part where the soft section where Mike sings "beneath the mire" etc... flows into that heavy ultra epic riff. Don't have the song on this pc so can't get the exact timing, but you'll probably know what I'm talking about.

ghost reveries put way to much emphasis on keys, and some parts sounded, for the first time in opeth's discography, to cheesy. apart from the first two tracks, the album doesn't really hold up, especially the grand conjuration and atonement.

anyways the album still blows 99.9% of others artists out of the water, and i'll continue to buy anything and everything opeth put out, but i still feel let down by GR.

how is GR cheesy?