Opeth Lyrics

not really.. a flock can also be another word for a group.. not just 'sheep' or 'birds' as you seem to think.

flock, herd, drove, pack, gang, brood. These nouns denote a number of animals, birds, or fish considered collectively, and some have human connotations. Flock is applied to a congregation of animals of one kind, especially sheep or goats herded by people, and to any congregation of wild or domesticated birds, especially when on the ground. It is also applicable to people who form the membership of a church or to people under someone's care or supervision. Herd is used of a number of animals, especially cattle, herded by people; or of wild animals such as antelope, elephants, and zebras; or of whales and seals. Applied to people, it is used disparagingly of a crowd or of the masses and suggests the gregarious aspect of crowd psychology. Drove is used of a herd or flock, as of cattle or geese, that is being moved or driven from one place to another; less often it refers to a crowd of people in movement. Pack is applicable to any body of animals, especially wolves, or of birds, especially grouse, and to a body of hounds trained to hunt as a unit.

I love "She is waterdrops over the pyre." The lyric is awesome but it's made ten times more awesome by how intense that part of the song is.

Face of melinda does it for me everytime. The mental images it creates are amazing.

"But baffled herself with the final line,
My promise is made, but my heart is thine."

Lord Byron said:
Face of melinda does it for me everytime. The mental images it creates are amazing.

"But baffled herself with the final line,
My promise is made, but my heart is thine."

if we're on about entire tracks then Face of Melinda is by far the most beautifully crafted opeth track lyrically speaking. If we're on about the odd line here and there I stick with my original choice :D

This is really hard. But I like "we entered winter once again!" First Opeth song I heard, and looked up for lyrics for. And it was in October/november so we actually were entering winter once again. And I usually get a bit sad and depressed when winter come. So it has a kind of special meaning for me. Yeah I might sound a bit gay ;) And the Leper Affinity is still one of my favorite songs.

I like the 2 very brutal parts in the Moor. "Outcast with dogmas forge below... etc" and "She is waterdrops over the pyre.." And also hands of god decrepit and thin." Well the whole fucking track! :p

"Your self loathing image in his flesh" from Baying of the Hounds.

And all of their other songs! But my all time favorite lyrics must be The Moor or The Leper Affinity.

See why the search button sucks? No one bothers to answer cos its an old thread :( When you post a new thread there's at least flaming cos you didnt use the search function ;)