favourite opeth lyrics

phagist_

\m/
Nov 7, 2005
Melbourne, Aust
what are you fav opeth lyrics, not a whole song but section.
mine are from bwp - "sick liasons raised this monumental mark; the sun sets forever over blackwater park"

its the perfect way to end the album:worship:

this one is just fun I can't help but to growl along in the most evil way possible:
Rise to submission
I'm still beneath in the soil

but for content...
I have kept it - The amaranth symbol
Hidden inside the golden shrine
Until we rejoice in the meadow of the end
When we both walk the shadows
It will set ablaze and vanish
-Black rose immortal-

My favorite would be the first few unsung lines that appear in the CD of MAYH for 'Prologue' and the lyrics of 'April Ethereal'. They are too doomish and weave such magic, if I closely follow the words....

Mine would have to be:

"And so I rose from my sleep.
The moon turned away its face.
Overture of the long, black night begins...
something you said: "Eerie circles upon the waters"."

and of course, who could forget:

"Sick liaissons raised this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park"

It was me, peering through the looking-glass. Beyond the embrace of Christ. Like the secret face within the tapestry. Like a bird of prey over the crest. And she was swathed in sorrow, as if born within its mask.

She laughing and weeping at once: "take me away"

She could not see me through the windows. In dismay, strangest twist upon her lips. Graven face, she said my name.

The seed that had sprung into a florid meadow, and left me helpless in your embrace. The bond we never spoke of, once stark and enticing, now slowly smoldering to dust. The celestial touch, from grey to black. A fathomless void enclosing. Unwritten secrets beneath the cobwebs. I can not endure.

My ashes within your hands. My breath in the sepulchral mound. You know that your night is my day. The final spark that blew life into me, the Demon Of The Fall.

Silent dance with death. Everything is lost. Torn by the arrival of Autumn. The blink of an eye, you know it's me. You keep the dagger close at hand. And you saw nothing. False love turned to pure hate. The wind cried a lamentation before merging with the grey.

I'm gonna stop, because singling out the best of the MAYH lyrics is just too difficult and pointless. Anyway, MAYH = Best Lyrics.

Zivilyn said:
It was me, peering through the looking-glass. Beyond the embrace of Christ. Like the secret face within the tapestry. Like a bird of prey over the crest. And she was swathed in sorrow, as if born within its mask.

She laughing and weeping at once: "take me away"

She could not see me through the windows. In dismay, strangest twist upon her lips. Graven face, she said my name.

The seed that had sprung into a florid meadow, and left me helpless in your embrace. The bond we never spoke of, once stark and enticing, now slowly smoldering to dust. The celestial touch, from grey to black. A fathomless void enclosing. Unwritten secrets beneath the cobwebs. I can not endure.

My ashes within your hands. My breath in the sepulchral mound. You know that your night is my day. The final spark that blew life into me, the Demon Of The Fall.

Silent dance with death. Everything is lost. Torn by the arrival of Autumn. The blink of an eye, you know it's me. You keep the dagger close at hand. And you saw nothing. False love turned to pure hate. The wind cried a lamentation before merging with the grey.

I'm gonna stop, because singling out the best of the MAYH lyrics is just too difficult and pointless. Anyway, MAYH = Best Lyrics.

Hell yes!:headbang:

"the rain was waving goodbye"
"baffled herself with the final line. my promise is made, but my heart is thine."
"i am dying fast inside your tears."

those are a few lines that stand out for me.