the most evil opeth song lyrically?

Hedon-

vic firth 2b
Apr 24, 2008
yes i got the idea from the deliverence thread
whats the most evil opeth song? imo nothing in gr is truly evil as much as some other shit they have, its really "happy" and those weird lyrics about summoning satan are not truly eerie (guess they werent meant to be). for most evil song lyrically i would go for leper affinity (similar to bleak on theme but even sicker if i got it right) or maybe blackwater park.. real sick vibe going on on that one
opinions?:heh:

whoa sorry i dont share your viewpoint

also, by the pain i see in others. the reversed bit at the end sounded really spooky too

it was recorded onto the song, i dont care if it was like that accidentally

also, people tell me the start the apostle in triumph is a mistake, and thats my favourite part

serenity painted death

its about choking people in pools of blood

WHAT??? No its not! It's the continuation of the concept of Still Life! In the past chapter, Face of Melinda, the towns people kill Melinda. In SPD the narator is in mourning and then plotting to kill the towns people for revenge. In White Cluster, he's captured and hung.

ozzloaf: check the lyrics

edit: just checked the lyrics in the booklet now, it pretty clearly says choking in warm pools of blood

WHAT??? No its not! It's the continuation of the concept of Still Life! In the past chapter, Face of Melinda, the towns people kill Melinda. In SPD the narator is in mourning and then plotting to kill the towns people for revenge. In White Cluster, he's captured and hung.

Actually, no one is killed in Face Of Melinda. In Serenity Painted Death the protagonist and Melinda are together when the townspeople bust in and slit Melinda's throat. The 'darkness reared its head' part in SPD is the intense rage that the protagonist feels at that moment as he charges for Melinda's killers, but he is overpowered and taken away. This is the way I see it, at least.

And I agree that The Leper Affinity is one of the most evil songs.