Opeth needs to play "WHEN" in concert!

pac1288

El Jefe
Dec 1, 2001
California
Visit site
I don't know about you guys but I really want to hear this song live! I don't think they have even played this song in a live setting, but all I know is that it would kick-ass if they did and I really want to hear this song when they come down to San Francisco!

Thats all I have to say have a good night.

I think they played it on the last europe tour and in a few shows with nevermore in Us, but When or April Ethereal SHOULD definititely be included in ANY setlist they EVER play !

I'd even go further and say it'd be better if they playedWHOLE mayh album and a few extras from others, but thats just me :D :D

I think i'm happy hearing just about any song, but yes when would kick ass in San Francisco. I hope i get there a little early for there set to minimize all pointless standing for those two other bands i'm not fond of.

yes, opeth played when in every concert during the european tour with katatonia and novembre... and i saw them playing live that song.

they need to play april ethereal, when, and ESPECIALLY the amen corner. you know it would be pretty kickass if they played straight through my arms your hearse up until at least the amen corner. if they have 2 hours to play... that would only take up 30 minutes.

I completely agree! My three favorite Opeth songs are:

Blackwater Park
When
Bleak

I've only heard of them playing Bleak live out of these three. I have seen them twice, and they never played any of these, but I have seen Bleak on every setlist so far so I guess one out of three will be cool :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Ive been wondering why they arent playing Master's Apprentices. But i solved it all on my own. One reason would be that they are promoting their album, so playing the title track would make a lot of sense. And have any of you ever tried singing and growling the whole thing? Deliverance is pretty easy to do, but the whole beggining of Master's Apprentices has no places where you can rest. My throat was dry after about 15 lines. And i was thinking about why they keep doing the damn 'encore' thing for demon of the fall... My best guess is for a little bit of rest. But theres a clean song before it, so i guess that just gives everyone more rest. I dunno.. Those are my odd thoughts...

I've got a very good quality bootleg recording of this song on mp3. I must say, it sounded fantastic live...just as it does on CD.

I hope they play it when they come to Oz.