opeth noob here, what are the best opeth songs?

sahlinja

New Metal Member
Jul 22, 2006
ones i've found that i've liked: windowpane, hope leaves, face of melinda. i need more!! name some good ones please

From your list, it looks like you should buy Damnation.

Then sample (going with the soft tunes): Credence, Epilogue, Benighted, To Bid You Farewell, Atonement, Harvest

After (heavier stuff with great melodic sections): The Drapery Falls, Bleak, Ghost of Perdition, Godhead's Lament

And if you dig what you've heard in the "After" part, you should just go and pick up all of the albums.

Don't listen to Jon Snow and all_sins_undone.

From what you've already described you like the softer side of Opeth without the growling
Good songs without growling: A Fair Judgment, Hours Of Wealth, Closure, To Rid The Disease, To Bid You Farewell, Harvest, Still Day Beneath The Sun etc...

Good songs to get into growling: The Drapery Falls, Bleak, Ghost Of Perdition, Reverie/Harlequin Forest.

Once you've gotten into growling, get the first 3 albums asap. (Orchid, Morningrise, My Arms Your Hearse)

~random~ said:
Yeah, the moor, BWP, Harvest for the more accoustic side. Drapery Falls. Maybe asking this question here will get you too many answers. Just go buy every album.

I wouldn't buy them all at once though. you'd have too much to listen to then. Recommended albums are My Arms your Hearse, Morningrise and Blackwater Park.

go for the Drapery Falls or Dirge For November, both good ways of easing clean vocal-lovers onto growls