opeth noob here, what are the best opeth songs?

Just buy the albums, personally I'd start with Still Life or Blackwater Park. Listening to Opeth a song at a time is just wrong...

Eternal Soul Torture, Harlequin Forest, The Grand Conjuration, Dirge for November, Weakness

okay, kidding, here are IMO Opeth's strongest songs:
In Mist She Was Standing
The Twilight is My Robe
The Night and the Silent Water
Advent
When
Demon of the Fall
Face of Melinda
The Moor
The Leper Affinity
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance
A Fair Judgement
In My Time of Need
To Rid the Disease
Ghost of Perdition
Isolation Years

in limbow said:
Eternal Soul Torture, Harlequin Forest, The Grand Conjuration, Dirge for November, Weakness

okay, kidding, here are IMO Opeth's strongest songs:
In Mist She Was Standing
The Twilight is My Robe
The Night and the Silent Water
Advent
When
Demon of the Fall
Face of Melinda
The Moor
The Leper Affinity
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance
A Fair Judgement
In My Time of Need
To Rid the Disease
Ghost of Perdition
Isolation Years

Ha, Harlequin Forest (well until just after the guitar solo), Dirge for November and Weakness are all great opeth tracks IMO.

Methinks this is a perennial thread, and it was certainly one I was discussing back in 2001 in the old days. Hail.

The Moor, Black Rose Immortal, Bleak, Windowpane, April Ethereal, Face of Melinda and The Grand Conjuration are a good place for a noob to start and get a feel for a few things.

in the mist she was standing
advent
april ethereal
when
first 5 tracks on blackwater park
everything on deliverance except by the pain I see in others
windowpane
hope leaves
everything on ghost reveries except tracks 4 & 5

Actually just go buy all their albums. I have all of them except still life I'm waiting for it to come in by mail.

A few songs are not enough. Start by purchasing Orchid & then purchase Morningrise, MAYH, Still Life, BWP, Deliverance, Damnation & Ghost Reveries. This band is to good to just sample a couple of songs. Buy them all & realize their greatness ! Also check them out live, if you can.

i just found out about Opeth like 3 months ago and the first album I bought was Orchid. I now have all the albums...originals i might add:lol:

extolfan said:
i just found out about Opeth like 3 months ago and the first album I bought was Orchid. I now have all the albums...originals i might add:lol:

so?