Opeth on Swedish television

Deadlift

Oct 17, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
They were in the audience yesterday when P3 (national radio) had their P3 Gold Awards.

"Burst" won the category "Rock/Metal" but they showed a little bit of the TGC video.

Mike, Peter and i think thier wifes where there. The seemed happy that Burst won. Burst also thanked them.

In Flames played live :headbang: :headbang:

And for Swedish readers:

18:15 ikväll Nocturnal Rites with Symphony Orchestra on TV 2 TODAY.

I would have loved to have seen that. Can't imagine them at an awards ceremony.

Bursts album is good. But better than GR? No.

It's probably because Opeth have won before, and Burst are newcomers. So maybe they think Burst deserve the exposure more.

That guys metalcore vocals suck though...

Burst sucked when I saw them live.

Once, before that concert even, I listened to their newest album, though I stopped after song 4 or something. It just sucked so bad.

Deadlift said:
They were in the audience yesterday when P3 (national radio) had their P3 Gold Awards.
I did an interview with Mikael at the party before the show, f*cked it up though since our portable recorder in fact didn't record anything at all *sigh* He was VERY nice, just as I suspected (and so was his wife). I've got some photos too, will post once I've organized all the picturs I took. Also interviewed Burst, In Flames and Grand Magus.

cheers.

/daniel - www.metalnyheter.se

ufomagnet said:
I did an interview with Mikael at the party before the show, f*cked it up though since our portable recorder in fact didn't record anything at all *sigh* He was VERY nice, just as I suspected (and so was his wife). I've got some photos too, will post once I've organized all the picturs I took. Also interviewed Burst, In Flames and Grand Magus.

cheers.

/daniel - www.metalnyheter.se

That's awesome man.

herneheim said:
Truly looking forward to this article.

Well deserved award for Burst, and great appearance by IF.

And yeah, Darin was pretty good too... :headbang: ;)
Well... At the Opeth concert in Stockholm last year, there was a bunch of chicks screaming "Darin!" when the rest of the crowd was screaming "Opeth!". Is that just a coincidence? ;)