Opeth on the Operating Table Part 2

MixGrafix

Dulce Et Decorum Est
Well in about three hours I am having a Laminectomy on my back, and I am loading up the ol' iPod with music to listen on the operating table.

I have selected mellow playlist for this session:

Weakness, Windowpane, Closure, For Absent Friends, In My Time of Need, To bid you Farewell, Atonement, and Isolation Years.

That should get my through the procedure. :)

See you on the other side (of consciousness).

Mix

forgive me if i sound stupid, but are you conscious throughout this kind of operation?

Well... that was fucked up. I had a reaction to the anesthesia and my blood pressure shot up to 255/140, and they could not do the surgery. I get to do it all over again next week with a different type of anesthesia. Whoopee.

Thanks for all the "Good Lucks" by the way.

P.S. Master's Apprentices Rocks, but a little to heavy for my calm playlist.

P.P.S. I had the two hottest nurses in the world in the recovery rooms , but they both had guy names Clarence and Charlie. Clarence was this hot lil Filipino, and Charlie was this screamin spinner of a blonde. I told them the should listen to Opeth, and Charlie listened to Windowpane on my iPod suring her lunchbreak, and really dug it. She gave me her email address, and told me to send me more info on them. All that to create another Opethian.

How long is it expected to take to fully recover? We haven't gone over any details yet so I'm pretty clueless. It's just been decided that surgery is the only option at this point.

Back pain relief in three to five days from the surgery, and six weeks for total pain relief. It goes by pretty quickly after the stabbing back pain goes away.

Mix