Opeth or Emperor

opeth or emperor

• Opeth

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • Emperor

Votes: 27 40.3%

• Total voters
I'm suprised to hear this kind of attitude on a metal message board. Just because YOU don't like something it doesn't mean it's overrated. Besides I don't think they get anywhere near the credit they deserve by the general metal community, generic bands like Slayer get all the publicity.

Hail Opeth and Emperor.

I like both bands and have a album of each. And I like both of the albums, but I like Opeth a bit more. Emperor drowns out almost everything with those ridiculous keyboards, they drown out the guitar and that counts against them. They make good music, but i like black metal that doesn't have cheesy keyboards or keyboards that dominate the music. I can't stadn Emperor's first album because the guitar you can barely hear and the keyboards just never stop.

Emperor takes Opeth and fucking slaughters them. I'm not an Opeth fan..but I'm a devout fan of Emperor so of course they receive my vote..I personally find Opeth...*yawwwwwwn*

Opeth, for sure. Emperor have quite alot of fans so I guess they have talent, but after many listens I still don't see what is so great about them. Opeth is my favorite band so I guess(according to some of the posts on this thread) I love "boring" music...

First of all: This thread sucks ass since you can't compare Opeth and Emperor.

Second: I like Emperor more, but that's a matter of taste, Opeth are great too.

Third: I hate stupid polls like that.

Originally posted by simonc2
I'm suprised to hear this kind of attitude on a metal message board. Just because YOU don't like something it doesn't mean it's overrated. Besides I don't think they get anywhere near the credit they deserve by the general metal community, generic bands like Slayer get all the publicity.

It's funny how you say something and then say something else that goes totally against what you said before.

I listen to Opeth more than any other band, so I'm going to choose them obviously. I find Emperor boring now, everything about them makes me yawn.

I don't care if Opeth is overrated.

Opeth is my 3rd or 4th favourite band of all time so I'm definately going with them. Not to take anything away from Opeth or anything but these guys just blow them out of the water IMO, I dearly love Emperor though, just Opeth more.