Opeth Pictures, Tremont Music Hall, Charlotte, NC

gape

New Metal Member
Feb 20, 2004
North Carolina, USA
These are my pics from Opeth when they played in Charlotte, NC.
This is a huge board and Im not familiar with it, so if I put this post in the wrong place just move it.

Go to

http://community.webshots.com/user/gapes666

to see the pics.

I really loved the show, Opeth is truley a great band, I love the range their music covers, very diverse.

The new Dvd kills.

peace

eric

Yeah They fuking slayed allright, Im with you 100% on that. To be honest This band is new to me, before that show I only owned Deliverance, Damnation and Blackwater Park. Deliverance was the first one I bought and I fuking loved it, I was thinking, damn what are these dudes doing in the metal section, then I bought blackwater park and deliverance..... Ok they belong in the metal section. Now all I lack is :Orchid Ive got the rest and Im hooked on Opium..Im mean Opeth

glad you like the pics

Great pictures. I can even make out the hairband that I was wearing on my arm in one of the pictures. That concert was amazing. I feel sorry for In Flames when the play the Tremont on May 23rd. They can't compete with that type of performance.

I love your pic of Mike's right hand side profile as he is singing...

That pic just says it all really, doesn't it?

Steve Harris was Metal in the 80's.

Now his throne is replaced and the torch is carried on... by Mike!

I took that shot during the last song....

All I know is Mike has got alot of soul, and for it to come out playing death metal is pretty impressive. Usaually I think of people like James Brown, Chris Robinson and Eddie Vedder as having soul, but not heavy metal singers, but that boy reeks of it.

Nice pics. I was at that show and there was a good turnout for a metal band at Tremont. I was at the Opeth show at Tremont in 2000 or 2001 and there were like 25 people there. The cool thing about it was that we were able to hang out with the band after the show. We talked with Mike and Peter for about a half hour and I dont know how long they hung out after that. The Martins didnt hang out though. They were kind of shy that night. But at this past show Mike did say that their previous Charlotte show was one of their worst. Mike broke a guitar string during Demon of the Fall and threw his guitar down and went nuts on the mic. Nevermore headlined that night so.....yeah.