Opeth PRS Pickups?

\m/ (o^_^) \m/

New Metal Member
Apr 12, 2005
Hi,

Does anyone know what pickups are used by Mikael / Peter in their PRS's?

And perhaps also what pickups that HAVE been used and when.... I believe Mikael got some deal with Seymour Duncan nowadays?

Anyone knows?

Thanks.

By your third post into the thread, you have finally discovered the wonders of reading the thread BEFORE you post. Congratulations! A new world is opened to you.

Hey nice work thanks alot... perhaps this is a stupid question but what position is this "Full Shred" put in? The bridge? :) I just wanna make sure.

He uses it in both.. i myself use it for the neck. Mike does use the full shred in both the bridge and neck, but to my knowledge he only has them in his blue PRS. The other guitars only have the stock pickups (unless he got the nickel covered versions, which i doubt). I believe Peter has always used stock pickups, but his RR had emgs.

Both Mikael and Peter used Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz (Bridge/Neck Respectively). Mikael said in an interview to a swedish mag he had a guitar with 2 Fullshreds and I've read somewhere else that Mikael and Peter won sponsorship by Seymour Duncan are using a set of Duncan Design that resembles the jb and jazz models. For those not aware of, Duncan Design Pickups are meant to be the LTD of ESP. If you can afford the originals, go for the authentic seymour duncans, as regardless of sponsorship, they certainly wont use the real sponsored pickups, because there's no mark in the pickup that says "jb" anything similar, just seymour duncan and that's not enough to figure out which is. I personaly wouldn't put duncan designs in a PRS, Gibson, Fender or whatever -- Well, it depends a bit on the model though, but I'm talking generally about the highest priced models.