opeth shirt

shark22

RuffRyda
Oct 18, 2004
I have a longsleeve orchid shirt. I noticed there is no red backround on the album cover, but on the front of the shirt there is a dark red color behind the flowers. This may sound silly but why put a backround on it that is not on the actual album, was it Travis Smiths idea? this just seems "unofficaial" to me. Also, I was at an opeth concert and saw a woman wearing a black and white orchid shirt, it had a different logo on it also. Where can this shirt be found? Thanks.

there have been 2 official orchid shirts printed to date.

the one you own, with the darker background is distributed by plastichead productions (i beleive), and theres definitely some artistic license taken when they redid the design for this shirt...as you have noticed. The shirt you saw the girl wear at the show (assuming hers was the other official one, and not a home made bootleg), was produced by candlelight many years ago, and featured the flower and logo on the front on the left chest...and the back was black and white which said the same thing but larger". this shirt can be found second hand, but is no longer in print...try ebay or perhaps a fan who wants to make a buck.

shark22 said:
I have a longsleeve orchid shirt. I noticed there is no red backround on the album cover, but on the front of the shirt there is a dark red color behind the flowers.

It says on the Arctic Power soap box not to mix colors when washing.
I think that's what happened ...