Opeth - short sets again?

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7028303 said:
I've decided that we'll play the edit of "Grand conjuration" and then I'll spend the rest of the time screaming things like "Come on muthafuckers!"
and "Get a fucking circlepit going!", "You fuckers fucking rule!", "You guys are fucking sick!" "Show us them fucking horns!"...and "Yeah!!!"

That's a pretty decent show right there, huh!?

I know I waste some time talking shit, but it's either full-on babblin' or nothing at all. I have no preferences really, I dig both.
As for the DT tour we'll have an hour and I think we're doing 6 songs or something.

Cheers
Mike

I read this while drinking milk and laughed so hard it went out my nose.

I've decided that we'll play the edit of "Grand conjuration" and then I'll spend the rest of the time screaming things like "Come on muthafuckers!"
and "Get a fucking circlepit going!", "You fuckers fucking rule!", "You guys are fucking sick!" "Show us them fucking horns!"...and "Yeah!!!"

Haha.

Anyways, I can't believe people are complaining about Opeth ONLY playing an hour. Here in the UK, even a headline show, at most venues is no more than an hour, sometimes as little as 45 minutes.

Also, anyone going to the Progressive Nations tour (or whatever it's called) who hasn't heard BTBAM before, get there early enough to see them, they're fucking incredible.

Hell ask someone from Arizona/Nevada/Texas/Colorado/Kansas if they would like to see this tour. Personally I am PO's they are skipping the southwest part of the US, while they play 3 shows in NY, 3 in Florida, two in Alberta, Canada, and two in Ohio.

Hopefully Opeth recognizes this and they play for a lot of fans that are missing out on this tour when they come around again in the Fall of 08'.

try asking someone from australia :erk: it's been a long time between drinks.

I know I waste some time talking shit, but it's either full-on babblin' or nothing at all. I have no preferences really, I dig both.
As for the DT tour we'll have an hour and I think we're doing 6 songs or something.

Cheers
Mike

+1

Cheers
Mike

lol I love the banter It kept greatly entertained between song's at Brixton academy shame the sound guy fucked up I didn't recognise the Intro to drapery falls when they started playing it :erk: but I'm gonna see them again at Bloodstock and then hopefully, If I can get tickets at the round house too

Ive never seen Opeth so anything suits me fine, in face I'm quite happy with the setlist. Seeing a band live is always a different experience regardless of what songs they play.

Truth be told it is Dream Theaters tour.

If you don't want to see them live, don't go to see them live.
It's simple as that!
Sure you can bitch about this and that and you can hope for your favorite song to be played but you can also enjoy the show, which people sometimes tend to forget. I'm going to see them in August on a festival show and then it will be worth it for master's apprentices alone and I will be happy if they get that one hour to play.

This is why I'm going to see them at HOB at myrtle beach rather than Atlanta. I like the Atlanta venue id just rather see opeth. I like DT but $16 ticket and a longer opeth setlist at HOB is worth it to me.

When Opeth are on tour I don't think they should bother with two support acts I think they should settle with just the one and play like a 3 and a half hour set if they get the balance between mellow and heavy right they won't get tired and they'll be able to cover a decent proportion of their material.I saw them at DOTF and the set list seem way too short even though it was about 2 hours I think they Didn't play anything off still life and only "the drapery falls" of fBlackwater park I was slightly annoyed but I got two song of Deliverance which was fucking awesome :Smokedev:

Edit: could be that it was because they were joint headlining with Arch enemy