Opeth Sing Along

Mr. Josey Wales

UGA student
Apr 13, 2004
athens, georgia
what parts of Opeth songs can you just not help but sing along?

for me:

the runaway part of demon of the fall

especially when he transitions to "just one second"..

of course: the rain was waving goodbye....(april)

and: lost are days of spring...(leper)

and: the intro to face of melinda

and: "devious movements in your eyes...moved me from relief" (bleak)

Not the Serenity Painted Death chorus part? I thought that is a really catchy song and specifically a catchy lyric. And the harvest chorus, and most of the choruses to the mellow stuff, still day beneath the sun and in my time of need. SPD has to have one of the only catchy death vocals really! And maybe some of Deliverance and Bleak... I guess there is lots, but some of the more akward patterns in some of the older songs are less catchy. Mainy because they are more spread out and all.

Yeah I always do with Bleak, the whole of Still Life and actually well most songs really sometimes if I'm not in public I'll attempt to emulate Mikael's growling, attempt being the operative word...

I like this thread, lol.

"Silent dance with death, everything is lost, torn by the arrival of autumn" and "And you saw nothing-uhh" - DotF

"You waitttt, by the window-AHHHHHH" - The Funeral Portrait

The clean parts and the final growls/screams of Bleak

"Red sun risinggggggg" - When

All the clean parts of Ghost of Perdition and when he growls "Ghost of Perdition" after the clean parts.

All of Hours of Wealth

The "Leave it be, it was meant for me" section of A fair Judgment

"Deliverance, laughing at me", etc.

All of the Drapery Falls clean stuff, some of the heavy. The one sad thing is half the time now when I sing "I'm counting nocturnal hours" I totally sing it like Grum Lee and then laugh my ass off.

And really, whatever I'm listening to. Those are just sections I will never miss singing to, or will just bust out singing when I'm in a public place.

ah i especially agree with moonlapse about all the ahhaaaahhh parts on ghost reveries. i find myself ahhahhing right along with mikael full throttle without even thinking about it a lot of times. brilliant vocal melodies. and also the leave it be...it was meant for me...that one is special.

Pretty much any clean part feels like a singalong...Mike has a lot of great melodies.

Godhead's Lament "what would they care if I did stay?...", Master's Apprentices "soothing trance...", When...the entire ending, Demon of the Fall...the entire ending, The Funeral Portrait "and you are just like them all...", Bleak "devious movements in your eyes...", and you know...basically any singing part in Ghost Reveries

i will endure, hide away,
i will outrun the scythe,, glaring with failure

oen fo the most emotional parts in my opinion, if not the most emotional part ive heard from Opeth

Pretty much all the clean singing parts. Especially 'Searching my way to perplexion/Thought I could not leave this place,' all of Face of Melinda, 'Everything you believe is a lie', 'Devil cracked the earth', and the beginning of The Drapery Falls stand out.