Opeth sold out!

huevo

fuzzy melon
Oct 20, 2001
Colorado
Their album sold out, that is :)

I live in a little colorado hippy town, and even here I had trouble finding it! Best Buy sold out the first day, I had to hit a few other places. The place i did find it at had it listed under "Otep", and when i brought it to the clerk, she was like "I was helping some kid look for it, it was there all along!" Guess i got lucky!

Looks like Opeth's starting to get some heavy recognition, without selling out, mind you :D

cheers to Mike & the gang.. I respect this album much more after reading the session diary. Mike - if you see this, best wishes and I'll hope to see you on tour!

Best buy actually has a ton of music. They're not as reliable as Tower for getting new and less known stuff in on time, but they carry a lot of things I've never heard of.

It's all over here in Connecticut. I got copies for me and my girlfriend at Strawberries, but it was also at Circuit City, and both cd stores in the mall. Strawberries carries 5 Opeth CD's, all except for Still Life.

ARGH!!!!

I work for a store called Future Shop, and we're owned by BestBuy (who also owns Sam Goody). We have a pretty large music section, but NO METAL SECTION!!!! ARGH!!!!

I'm going to have to venture on a 1 hour drive to get my metal cds. *grumble, grumble, grumble*

FYE (used to be Camelot) had it, some fucker tried to hide them in some other section so no one would buy it though. So I bought both copies. hah, that'll teach em.

I was going to buy my copy at Best Buy, but they're fuckwads and their shipment never came. So we went up to Circuit City, where they had ONE remaining copy. I now own it :D

It was only a matter of time. Amazing music cannot be chained in the underground forever. Amazing how Opeth is breaking into the mainstream with their music alone, it shows you the power of music. Another amazing thing is that they didnt compromise their sound to do it either...In Flames should be taking notes.

I just got Deliverance today, from theend, quite happy.

And the Best Buy near me put the local record store to shame on more than one occassion. You'd be surprised.

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
It was only a matter of time. Amazing music cannot be chained in the underground forever. Amazing how Opeth is breaking into the mainstream with their music alone, it shows you the power of music. Another amazing thing is that they didnt compromise their sound to do it either...In Flames should be taking notes.

It somehow is a shame though. I mean, for the band of course it's great, finally getting what they deserve, but I'm afraid they'll do bigger gigs now with loads of people that like them for being cool, instead of being great.