Opeth song meanings, stories and themes

That's rediculous keep the proper song order, so the concept is intact, and add bonus tracks. Atleast, Mike learned his lesson and did just that with WaterShed.

Speculationing.

Under The Weeping Moon

I know that this song is officially "absolute blackmetal nonsense" but I can see a story in it.

I'm doing this based only on the lyrics though.
My theory is that it's about somekind of thief or treasureseeker, who has "searched the eye" (which propably means somekind of jewel), and before the long interlude he's laughing under the weeping moon, propably because he found it.

Then later he leaves the place and let's the snow hid his footsteps.

Hmm, quess it'd be about a burglar who's stealing something.

That's rediculous keep the proper song order, so the concept is intact, and add bonus tracks. Atleast, Mike learned his lesson and did just that with WaterShed.

We haven't proved that Watershed has a story, for now. It's only an hypothesis. But if it was, it is not in the proper order in its timeline. In other words : it has flashbacks.

I'd like to understand the Funeral Portrait since its one of my favorite songs, guitar-wise. Also I get the general idea of Ghost Reveries but if anyone has more insight on the meanings of the individual songs (especially the Grand Conjuration, if its not pure satanist then I don't get it) and how they connect, I'd love to hear that.

I assume Deliverance is about someone drowning his love since there's so many images of the sea and a struggle in there.

I'd like to understand the Funeral Portrait since its one of my favorite songs, guitar-wise. Also I get the general idea of Ghost Reveries but if anyone has more insight on the meanings of the individual songs (especially the Grand Conjuration, if its not pure satanist then I don't get it) and how they connect, I'd love to hear that.

I saw someone talking about Ghost Reverie, and the way he thought the story was. What he said just convinced me, I'll come back to you with this later.

I believe and correct me if I am wrong but EVERYTHING is about that bitch Melinda LOLZ

No, you are wrong.

TLE is based on a short story of the same name; WS is not a concept ffs, use search function.

We're not going to use a search function because we are actually discussing about a possible concept in Watershed. You are blind if you think there is NONE (not necesserly a story, but a concept). Just get the f**k away. But if you are going to reply, then tell us in which ways Watershed is not a concept album. What are the elements that don't match together?

We're not going to use a search function because we are actually discussing about a possible concept in Watershed. You are blind if you think there is NONE (not necesserly a story, but a concept). Just get the f**k away. But if you are going to reply, then tell us in which ways Watershed is not a concept album. What are the elements that don't match together?

Actually, which of the elements DO match together?!

And the only one who's blind is you, since Akerfaldt himself said there's no concept.

That was my answer - nothing at all matches. It just has some phrases that are slightly similar. That's like saying that Orchid is a concept album because he mentions trees a lot.

And for fucks sake, you people who say that Mikael is lying about the concept really come off as retarded.

Oh, I'm only analysing songs. You don't have to care about me. I just see it this way. It's probally (don't correct me on this please) not a concept album (well it has a concept, but no story I guess) but it has themes that I think are interesting to analyse. There are links to make between songs, since they're relied by same themes.

So, yeah, I'll believe Mikael on this, because I guess he's a nice guy. Anyway, my dreams are crushed, now. Kiding. Oh.. and shut the f*ck, philno.

...I'll try to be a little more pacific since this discussion seems to contains a little tension. Didn't want to offend.

Oh, I'm only analysing songs. You don't have to care about me. I just see it this way. It's probally (don't correct me on this please) not a concept album (well it has a concept, but no story I guess) but it has themes that I think are interesting to analyse. There are links to make between songs, since they're relied by same themes.

So, yeah, I'll believe Mikael on this, because I guess he's a nice guy. Anyway, my dreams are crushed, now. Kiding. Oh.. and shut the f*ck, philno.

...I'll try to be a little more pacific since this discussion seems to contains a little tension. Didn't want to offend.

best post of the year?