Lyrical Meanings

Autumns Maiden

New Metal Member
Oct 18, 2003
florida
Visit site
Hello, I'm new here so i suppose i'll use this thread to introduce myself as well. I'm Manda, here is my question.

I'm doing a project for my writing class where i have to dissect lyrics from a band and tell why the artist wrote them and what they mean to me. I've been looking and looking for interveiws with the band and they have to say are pretty vague. I can get help from my boyfriend because he's a big Opeth fan but he isn't quite sure what the exact meaning of "Forest of October" is. I know that they aren't even in favor of writing lyrics so maybe that's a reason why i cant really find anything. I suppose its my own fault for picking a hard to find song but if anyone could help me with this it would definately be appreciated.

From the interpretation of the song i got was that he is commiting suicide in the forest. but i need an actual paper of an interveiw with Akerfeldt explaining exactly why he wrote it.

I would pick another song, in the period of Orchid Opeth was far from as lyrical talanted as they are now...

Take something from Still Life or My Arms Your Hearse, their best lyrical works without a doubt.

i remember mike being asked to explain still life and saying that there was no need to, as it was in the past. scrutinize them yourself, your own interpretation is much more valuable than an explanation by mike himself, from an academic standpoint. or so i think

well the project consisted that of my own opinion on why he wrote it and the actual definition straight from the artist's mouth why it was written. I decided not to do "Forest of October" and i wrote about "The Twilight is my Robe" because i actually found an interveiw where he stated what it was about.