Opeth Song Survivor - Round 2 - Deliverance (Vote for the WORST Song)

Which song do you DISLIKE the most? DISLIKE!

• Wreath

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • A Fair Judgement

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Master's Apprentices

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • By The Pain I See In Others

Votes: 19 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn, Wreath is going down. It's sounds so cold and I love the lyrics... it might even be my favorite. This was a really hard choice. I picked Masters but it lost only by a hair.

thebleakaffinity said:
Master's Apprentices, on the other hand, is nothing special. Especially the beginning. Go monotony?

The monotomy sets us up for the middle part of the song, which is the true jewel of the track. I know that Opeth hasn't used monotomy in their songs, and for good reason, so it's hard to get used to at first.

But frankly I don't mind it, because they're good riffs and lyrics, despite being repeated over and over again.

Moonlapse said:
Where's For Absent Friends d00d?

If it were up to me that track would win... no shit, serious... followed closely by A Fair Judgement.

As with most of the instrumentals, it was voted off first, most of us are of the opinion that Mikael's voice is too good to leave out (not saying that the instrumentals aren't perfect in their own way though)

Needled24Seven said:
you should be dragged out into a field and shot for that remark
lol.gif
Sorry Needled24, but you ARE the weakest link... Goodbye...

:Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin::Spin:

Master's Apprentices. Because the song feels more disjointed than the average 'Orchid' song. The first part is too similar to Morbid Angel, it feels too little Opeth. And I think it's the least interesting piece of text Mikael has written.

I disliked 'Wreath' in the beginning too, but man has that song grown into a wonderful epic.

The first three tracks are all brilliant IMO, the last two are only good, definatly not great. I'd say Masters Apprentice cuz BTPISIO just has a lot more to offer (including growling over acoustics!!!) I just think that first part goes on too long. I like the clean part and the last heavy part but overall it doesn't stand up to the others.

Is there something wrong with me? MA and BTPISIO are my favourite tracks off this album, though I love Deliverance and A Fair Judgement too.

I voted Wreath, that song had no memorable moments to me.