Opeth - Still life

Esteban

Thinking is overrated
Dec 28, 2002
Costa Rica
Visit site
I finally bought my first Opeth album and it's just awesome, every song is a masterpiece, but my favorites so far are Moonlapse Vertigo and Serenity Painted Death. I can't believe it took me so long to check out Opeth.

SculptedCold said:
:tickled: I've always hated that part.

Me too. I always cringe when that part comes on, although I listen to Still Life about once a year. Notice he didn't really try to do it again. :ill:

I dont know what the FUCK you're all on about. I've never noticed any rapping.
And if Dreamlord only listens to Still Life once a year he's not exactly an Opeth fanboy like myself, so he can kiss my pasty white ass.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I dont know what the FUCK you're all on about. I've never noticed any rapping.

Perhaps if you took off your fanboy goggles and quit beating off to pictures of the band you might notice it.

And if Dreamlord only listens to Still Life once a year he's not exactly an Opeth fanboy like myself

I am glad I'm not considered among those ranks. Fanboys are the epitome of pathetic.

Dreamlord said:
Perhaps if you took off your fanboy goggles and quit beating off to pictures of the band you might notice it.

I am glad I'm not considered among those ranks. Fanboys are the epitome of pathetic.

Okay I've just sat and listened to SPD and can't hear anything remotely like rapping. There's a section where he sings the lyrics pretty fast, I think that may be what you're talking about...?
Okay, after I listened to that I got out my old "Straight Outta Compton" tape to try and see if it sounded anything like Opeth.
It doesn't. At all.
I think you should all find out what RAP music sounds like.
The "epitome of pathetic" is people spouting nonsense about music genres of which they have no knowledge. :Smug:

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Okay, after I listened to that I got out my old "Straight Outta Compton" tape to try and see if it sounded anything like Opeth.
It doesn't. At all.
Cool.

Yes, it's that fast part, and it was a joke anyhow. :loco:

I don't think it's their best album at all. It's best at first impression maybe, but albums like My Arms Your Hearse are far better listening experiences once you get into them. More replay value too.