Opeth - Still life

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Okay I've just sat and listened to SPD and can't hear anything remotely like rapping. There's a section where he sings the lyrics pretty fast, I think that may be what you're talking about...?

It's at the 7:45 mark.

I think you should all find out what RAP music sounds like.
The "epitome of pathetic" is people spouting nonsense about music genres of which they have no knowledge. :Smug:

pffft...I've forgotten more than you'll ever know. Go listen to the Ghetto Boys.

it's just when the riffing goes all staccatto-ish and (well, crap) jumpy and michael goes serenity painted DITH!. it almost sounds like he's trying to rap, hehe, but in any case it just sounds naff.

and Still Life is the best Opef album! I've been listening to it thoroughly for over a year now and it's got a lot more in it than MAYH. PAH.

Every album of Opeth got it's special "mood style". I'm allways variating the Opeth albums as my mood variate. But in a large overall,my favorite albums are:

1: Morningrise (The Night And the Silent Wate,thus "To Bid you farewell" aww :)
2: Blackwater Park
3: Damnation
4: Still Life

My favorite album at the time is Damnation,because i'm so doped up on weed :S. I need a fucking rehab after this vacation :(

Since my fingers allready are warm,I can mention a cupple of songs for you (topic starter) so you can dl if you wanna discover more of Opeth:

1: The Night And The Silent Water
2: The Drapery Falls
3: Bleak
4: To Bid You Farewell
5: Face Of Melinda
6: Dirge For November
7: Blackwater Park
8: Delivarence
9: Windowpane
10: Closure
11: The Twilight Is My Robe
12: The Apostle In Triumph
13: Nectar
14: Ending Credits
15: Benighted

If you like the guitar, you should listen to something from this list! Bu remember,your gonna get lost in a world of Opeth if you love this songs. Opeth is fucking marked in my head,and a day without them is like a week without food :O

- VaNi4 - said:
1: The Night And The Silent Water
2: The Drapery Falls
3: Bleak
4: To Bid You Farewell
5: Face Of Melinda
6: Dirge For November
7: Blackwater Park
8: Delivarence
9: Windowpane
10: Closure
11: The Twilight Is My Robe
12: The Apostle In Triumph
13: Nectar
14: Ending Credits
15: Benighted

1. When
2. Demon of the Fall
3. April Ethereal
4. The Leper Affinity
5. The Night and the Silent Water
6. The Moor
7. The Amen Corner
8. In Mist She Was Standing
9. Black Rose Immortal
10. To Bid You Farewell
11. The Twilight is my Robe
12. Karma
13. Serenity Painted Death
14. Closure
15. Godhead's Lament
16. Blackwater Park
17. Dirge for November
18. Apostle in Triumph
19. Advent
20. Credence

(By the way, I'm conducting an Opeth song survivor in the Opeth forum, for anybody who didn't know)

Finalists (some aren't quite finished yet):

Orchid - In Mist she was Standing
Morningrise - To Bid you Farewell
My Arms Your Hearse - When/Demon of the Fall
Still Life - The Moor
Blackwater Park - Bleak/The Drapery Falls
Deliverance - Deliverance
Damnation - Windowpane/To Rid The Disease

Guardian of Darkness said:
1. When
2. Demon of the Fall
3. April Ethereal
4. The Leper Affinity
5. The Night and the Silent Water
6. The Moor
7. The Amen Corner
8. In Mist She Was Standing
9. Black Rose Immortal
10. To Bid You Farewell
11. The Twilight is my Robe
12. Karma
13. Serenity Painted Death
14. Closure
15. Godhead's Lament
16. Blackwater Park
17. Dirge for November
18. Apostle in Triumph
19. Advent
20. Credence

I love it =). Now you have 2 nice lists to pick from,hehe =)

[Btw: What is this "respect points" ? How do you serve them?

And another thing...

My Arms Your Hearse is one of the best listening experiences I've ever had, and anyone who can't see it's beauty hasn't listened to it enough. It isn't easy to get into, but it's amusing how many threads say 'I don't like MAYH as much as the others' and then MONTHS later the same people say 'MAYH just clicked!'. Seriously, I'm not trying to insult Still Life, I think it's a great album, but I just think MAYH is so much better.

Guardian of Darkness said:
And another thing...

My Arms Your Hearse is one of the best listening experiences I've ever had, and anyone who can't see it's beauty hasn't listened to it enough. It isn't easy to get into, but it's amusing how many threads say 'I don't like MAYH as much as the others' and then MONTHS later the same people say 'MAYH just clicked!'. Seriously, I'm not trying to insult Still Life, I think it's a great album, but I just think MAYH is so much better.

I feel you! Actually,i'm one of those who yet hasn't explored the depths of MAYH. What's the 2 best songs on that album?

I still prefer Deliverance to any of Opeth's albums. :D
BTW I played SPD to my girlfriend and asked her if it sounded like rapping and she thinks it does. So I guess I just can't see it becasue of my total fanboy-ish-ness.