Opeth sucks big time!!

A tritone is an interval between two notes. It's the interval between a perfect fourth and a perfect fifth, and when played together (the two notes of the tritone) it sounds awful.

I won't explain what an interval is cuz then I'd have to explain what a semitone is and all that and it's annoying. But here's an example

Perfect fourth from C - F
Perfect fifth from C - G
Tritone from C - F#/Gb

The tri-tone. And the semitone.
Both are important.
Semitone has been neglected.
But as to if Opeth sucks on a musical scale I give them points.
They rock with intervals.

I am misunderstanding your interpretation of Narsisco. You undoubtably do not enjoy such magnificant intelligence of the latter brain patterns of this individualistic entity.

If that makes sense that would be great....

Opeth really doesn't use too many tritones. Actually, the rhythm guitars in pretty much any Opeth song are an interesting study in harmony and counterpoint rather than a "Chug-chug" that has been entirely overdone in metal ever since Judas Priest was the cutting-edge.
Vocals are completely subjective. I'll admit, it took me a while to get used to the growling parts, but that said I enjoy them well enough to listen to them.
As far as the guitar leads, very few of them are purely pentatonic--for the most part, they are diatonic. What they may lack in pure technicality, they make up for with melody and phrasing. Actually, they are very Michael Schenker-ish.

Anybody who rates a band soley on the ability of the guitarists to sweep-pick 64th notes is a moron anyway. If speed and technicality are your main concerns, watch Formula 1 or become a court stenographer and leave music to musicians.

narcisco said:
The tri-tone. And the semitone.
Both are important.
Semitone has been neglected.
But as to if Opeth sucks on a musical scale I give them points.
They rock with intervals.

ummm....Got to disagree with ya there. How can a band or anyone for that matter rock at intervals? How can they rock at the space between given notes. It's like saying a mathmatician rocks at the space between numbers. It doesn't make sense altogether. I do not see how they can rock at intervals unless u mean range but that too is limited because anyone can hit the lowest fret on a guitar then hit the highest(creating the biggest interval possible on guitar.) so you might wanna rethink that one.