Opeth @ the Thebarton Adelaide

Jun 1, 2008
i just want to express how fuckin happy i am i have my Opeth ticket! for the thebbie in adelaide, and am wondering how many other South Aussies are preparing to marvel at the wonderous performance that The Mighty Opeth will bring?

Me and my mates (about 9 of us I think) will be there. It is a shame it is on a school night though, as it is hard to get to the thebbie from my school.

I will be there. I just need to remember where I put my ticket!

Thebby should be a fantastic venue for Opeth. When I saw Mars Volta and Slayer there last year (not together), the sound and acoustics were perfect. No one I know wants to go though, but I dont really care about going by myself, it will be worth it.

my girlfriend and i are coming over from melbourne because we missed out on tickets there. anyone know the best backpackers, and also a good place to drink before the show?

my girlfriend and i are coming over from melbourne because we missed out on tickets there. anyone know the best backpackers, and also a good place to drink before the show?

i dont really know of any backpackers places, but bars i do know! lol
there are two metal/alternative bars around. one is the crown and anchor, ive been there a couple of times but its got a kinda schoolies vibe about it.
the Enigma bar is the other one, it has a lot more of a metal vibe about it, and if opeth happened to go out after they would go there!

i went there and met tommy vext and adam d, when they were here for soundwave, i also seen brian fair getting a back rub from some hot woman, and also the keyboardist from bleeing through. she is such a nice lady.

the enigma is also the easiest to find, just walk down heindley and you should find. Its just down from the crazy horse!

Just got back, great show. Pretty much the same setlist as Perth and Japan but I am not complaining. I mean come on, Bleak, Baying of the Hounds, Lotus Eater, Serenity Painted Death, cant really complain. I was hoping for Wreath, but deliverance was so fucking good I cant complain, the last 3 minutes were probably the most insane highlight of the show. Mikael was his usual funny cheesy self, and I learnt some rock trivia!

thought id sign up as i been reading the forum for a while now

just got back from the adelaide show as well...fucking awesome! same set list as perth

mikael still the comic genius
martins hair is growing back
fred looks like he has a mop on top of his head..enjoyed his energy on stage
axe really does look like legolas!

new songs were great...lotus eater especially...flawless.

just a great fucking show

Deliverance blew me away. I always had it as a good song, but fucking hell it rocked last night. The most crowd insane song of the night easliy!

definitely agree with you on Deliverance. While I love that album, that song definitely wasnt my favourite, until last night. I am so glad I left the stands and joined the mosh in time for that. The closing riffs just killed. Also I was never a big fan of The Night and Silent Water but the buildup in the last 4-5 minutes to the final crescendo was just brilliant. That song works so much better live than on the album.