How much do you like Opeth

synergy

tr00bie
Sep 2, 2003
Long Island
Visit site
Im sure that a lot of people consider Opeth as their favorite band, but I was just wondering how many people consider them to be their favorite band ever..in the history of the world. In my opinion, they are the greatest band ever. I only think that because there is no other band that I get so much enjoyment out of listening to. Opeth - Greatest band ever :kickass: whos with me!

I'm of the same opinion. Opeth is just the best band I won't say ever because I haven't listened to all the bands, but I can say is the best band I've ever listened to.

opeth is without a doubt my favorite band in the universe....if there was an amazing band that everyone loved on the planet pluto, im sure that opeth would be better than them.

I'm not sure there is any band I consider my absolute favorite. Opeth is great, no doubt. I put them in that same category as my other favorite bands:

Opeth, Death, Anathema, Katatonia, Skyclad, (newer) Deceased, Borkanagar, & Amorphis.

Pretty good company, I think.

Well Ive been listening to music for quite some time now and I'd have to say that Opeth are the greatest thing ever. But I do recognize I have feelings like this because I have always loved progressive rock***and death metal. So when I heard them I couldn't believe what I was hearing and still can't. They are without a doubt my all time favorite band and I honestly don't think anyone could top this. Which leaves me feeling pretty bad because no matter what I here it will just be diferent but not as fulfilling as Opeth's music.

Definately my favorite. Sure, there are bands with more technical ability and knowledge of compositional theory and such, but Opeth just does something for me...

I'd have to say my favorite band in the Metal realm. Near the top in general, but I couldn't make any clear choice for top artist of all genres, since I couldn't really compare them with my faves in rock, blues, folk, country, rap.

There are two many awesome bands out there that are so far off from Opeth that you really can't compare. Im not going to put Opeth in the same spot as Tool because they have both been my favorite band at different times. It depends on what im into at the time that determine's what band's I enjoy more.

But they are all fucking awesome

Its tough to put them at the top because musicaly, they're the best thing thats ever existed, but i dont realy feel like i've gotten much out of them. Tool, on the other hand, have helped me explore my mind and acheive an insight that i wouldnt have beleived possible beforehand.

Opeth is definatly my favorite band currently, without a doubt, and latley Ive got even more into them then before, listening to them almost every day. I'd say all time they are on about the same level as King Crimson. Its so hard to compare two bands that are so different. On one side we have King Crimson, which have over thrity years of extreemly diverse music, on the other we have a band with about ten years experience, and who has generally stayed in one or two musical catagories. Its very hard to say...

They're not my favourite band. No band is absolutely above all the rest in my list. Sometimes it might feel that Opeth or Rush or whatever is the best band in the universe but it really goes in cycles for me, I think.

hej said:
I like them this <---------> much. Yes, they are my favorite band ever.
:lol: yes. I was about to post this same thing.

And they will be (better be) my favorite band forever. And I still have no regrets about my brand.