Former Opeth Addicts who now rarely listen to Opeth...

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Lord Herpes you're an arrogant little prick. I take back any kind sentiments I projected towards you in our one and only im conversation months ago. Frankly you annoy the snot out of me. 1,000's of dullards post on Ultimatemetal.com. Yet you are the only one who annoys me. It must be your pretensiousness I can't stand. I'm not attacking you sir. Just explaining one of the many reasons why the Opeth board blows the proverbial man-member. Have a nice day.

im heart broken that i offended a bodom fan...

if youre trying to argue that they have good lyrics...then youre a lost cause as it is...i care not if my opinion of such "annoys the snot out of you".

have a nicer day. ;)

Lol I'm not a bodom fan. My Aim sn may be misleading. I do enjoy their music. But I wouldn't rank em in my top 50 favorite band list or anything. So no offense taken on that front. Your Holier than Thou attitude is what I don't care for. But I guess thats who you are and wish to be. So to each their own.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Lol I'm not a bodom fan. My Aim sn may be misleading. I do enjoy their music. But I wouldn't rank em in my top 50 favorite band list or anything. So no offense taken on that front. Your Holier than Thou attitude is what I don't care for. But I guess thats who you are and wish to be. So to each their own.

The only people im holier than, are the ones who recognize my behavior as such. Theres plenty of intelligent and well rounded individuals on this forum that dont have bad things to say about me...so i dont really know what to tell you.

Youre on a metal forum. Metal is a genre of survival of the fittest...anyone who cant cut the mustard, should probably hang up their biker jacket and try emo or something...it might be whiney enough for your liking.

I haven't been to this forum in a pretty long time and I usually see shitty threads if I ever do stop in. This caught my attention and I'm glad someone brought it up. I haven't listen to Opeth in months! They are without a doubt still my favorite band and I don't see anyone topping them but I haven't the desire to hear em at all. Only thing thats been gettin much play is Emperial Live Ceremony and Anthems! Live versions of Wizards and Inno a Satana fuckin own ass!

It takes an idiot to argue with one. So I shall make this my last rebuttal. This is a message board, hence you've escalated a persona which you wouldn't venture to use in real life due to all the social inadequacies you face. As far as intelligent and well rounded people on this forum go. The only well-rounded people on this forum are the ones who are winning their battle against anorexia. Intelligent and thought out posts have been waning for many many moons. If this is a place that gives you intellectual intercourse. Then obviously you haven't read anything more in depth than the table of contents of rolling stone. Let's face it this place is this pits. (Aside from a couple valuable posters like Moonlapse, Shroud, Mr Niel, and so forth)

NineFeetUnderground said:
Youre on a metal forum. Metal is a genre of survival of the fittest..
Last time I checked, that's all this place is. Is a forum. When did it became a reality show. Survival of the fittest? Do I face internet extinction? Eh my reply is becoming silly....Fitting... As it is a reply to a silly little man. Have a nice day.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
It takes an idiot to argue with one. So I shall make this my last rebuttal. This is a message board, hence you've escalated a persona which you wouldn't venture to use in real life due to all the social inadequacies you face. As far as intelligent and well rounded people on this forum go. The only well-rounded people on this forum are the ones who are winning their battle against anorexia. Intelligent and thought out posts have been waning for many many moons. If this is a place that gives you intellectual intercourse. Then obviously you haven't read anything more in depth than the table of contents of rolling stone. Let's face it this place is this pits. (Aside from a couple valuable posters like Moonlapse, Shroud, Mr Niel, and so forth)

Last time I checked, that's all this place is. Is a forum. When did it became a reality show. Survival of the fittest? Do I face internet extinction? Eh my reply is becoming silly....Fitting... As it is a reply to a silly little man. Have a nice day.

the irony of it all, is that you think you have me all figured out. what seems like a pathetic, anti-social internet forum troll...is completely the opposite in person. I just find it incredibly entertaining in my off time watching everything i say on here piss little kids like you off so bad to the point of name calling and typing large paragraphs on how i must be some sort of ingrate since i dont have nothing but flowers and rainbows to say to you kids all day...without your feelings getting hurt. ;)

thank you for naming that your last post in this argument, AWMM, because we ALL know that lord will never stop until he gets the last word (i'm not jabbing you lord, i got no BEEF, but i know that you'll never stop arguing until you get your way).

deliverance said:
thank you for naming that your last post in this argument, AWMM, because we ALL know that lord will never stop until he gets the last word (i'm not jabbing you lord, i got no BEEF, but i know that you'll never stop arguing until you get your way).

how many people do you know are happy when the other person gets the final word?

NineFeetUnderground said:
how many people do you know are happy when the other person gets the final word?

haha, that is true, but how many people do i know who will finally lie to the other person and say they're right, or just say, ok whatever man, just to end the stupid argument?

the answer is many..but you are not one of them, is all.

Back onto the subject of the thread.....

I haven't listened to Opeth in about a month. I guess I may have burned myself out on them as I had discovered them nearly 2 years ago and then bought all their albums and listened to them all the time. I still love them dearly. Though lately I have been listening to Carpathian Forest, Satyricon and Vader.

I barely listen to Opeth anymore, only the occasional CD every few weeks or so. I tend to listen to other music now. That's not to say Opeth isn't good anymore, I just think everyone's music tastes evolve. Which is why I can't stand the fanboys who go on on how great Opeth is.

What a great thread... it made me realize that I hadn't listened to any Opeth for about a few months now.

Currently rectifying the situation with some DAMNATION.

definitly me, i rarelty listen to opeth anymore but when anyone asks who my favorite band is i promptly say opeth
the bodom tour is coming up so is arch enemy so theyve been kind of occupying my time along with green carnation and emperor
but i find it funny, while opeth is taking a break from music, im taking a break form their music so when they tour over here again, ill like it all over again