Opeth + snow

I would definitely recommend all of you to listen to Opeth if you are around snow. It's just a great experience.

Demonspell, that's really odd that you haven't gotten any snow yet. There is hardly ever any snow here. I think it has been several years since it last snowed.

It stopped snowing last night but started again this morning. llamaura, I will probably walk around tonight and listen to Crimson.

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
It rarely snows here, but today it started snowing for the first time since I've lived here. After a few hours of accumulation, I got the urge to walk around and listen to Opeth. So, I bundled up, put Still Life in my portable cd player, and started walking around my apartment complex.

It was a very amazing experience and made me appreciate the music so much more. I just walked and listened not keeping track of time or caring about anything else. I stared at the sky as the snow was hitting me in the face. People were driving by slowly staring at me, but I didn't even pay any attention to them. I played the cd all the way through then made my way back to my apartment.

I know many of you live in places that get a lot of snow. So, have you ever walked around while listening to Opeth? You are very lucky to have such beauty even though it may seem like a hassle. I am really thinking about going to Appalachian State University next year in the mountains near here. I have been there a few times, and it is a really nice place with a lot of cool people.

I just felt like sharing my first Opeth snow experience and was curious what those of you who are around snow thought. I think it makes the music so much better. Yes?

On a side note, I won't be going to school tomorrow since the roads are so bad. :D

P.S. Sorry, Oyo. I know there isn't very much snow in FL. :p

Oh you live in Charlotte? Cool! I do too! It snowed here in January two years ago and we got 1.5 feet of it. Thats alot for here as you know. Well, I was snowed in at my house and I had just picked up Still Life from Manifest (Im sure you've been there. Kickass store) Anyway, It was the first time I had heard the album and I did exactly what you did. I put on the headphones and walked around in the snow at night. Benighted was the coolest experience in the snow. What a fucking song!!!! Now everytime I hear it I think of the snow at night time. It doesnt get much better than that.

Originally posted by Schmuckatelly

Oh you live in Charlotte? Cool! I do too! It snowed here in January two years ago and we got 1.5 feet of it. Thats alot for here as you know. Well, I was snowed in at my house and I had just picked up Still Life from Manifest (Im sure you've been there. Kickass store) Anyway, It was the first time I had heard the album and I did exactly what you did. I put on the headphones and walked around in the snow at night. Benighted was the coolest experience in the snow. What a fucking song!!!! Now everytime I hear it I think of the snow at night time. It doesnt get much better than that.

I just saw this after replying to your fave bands thread. I have enjoyed the snow(not having to go to school.) It's not as nice as it was when it first snowed. It has gotten dirty and trampled on. Yes, I have been to Manifest. I had heard a lot about it so I finally went about a month ago for the first time and loved it. It's the biggest cd store I have ever been to. Their metal selection was very impressive. I will definitely be going back. However, I wasn't very pleased with the new cds I got b/c most of the cases were cracked. I will probably get used stuff from there but get new cds from theendrecords.com You're right, though. It doesn't get much better than that.

its suppose to snow here on monday..but not alot , im hoping some time this month we get some decent snow. ill prolly just go in the backyard and sit down and listen to some opeth.

I put on Opeth while walking home from the bus
after work today. It was around -10 C outside,
the wind was blowing and usually I hurry home
because I'm so cold. But listening to
"Blackwater Park" made the walk different.
I couldn't hear my cold footsteps on the ice and
snow, I couldn't hear myself breath.

It was just my heart, my eyes and Opeth!
Ah! It was BEAUTIFUL!!!

I walked really slowly, so that I could listen to
more Opeth. I was enjoying the smell of the cold
air, the dark corners of all the tall buildings, the
stiff trees with snow over them.....

When I started to get closer to my appartment I
started walking around a building, I just didn't
want to go inside! >;oP I'm definitely going to
listen more to music while walking home!
Makes it much more enjoyable! :eek:)

Actually, music makes me enjoy life!