Former Opeth Addicts who now rarely listen to Opeth...

I haven't heard a full Opeth song in over three months. I can't seem to find the time to listen to all my songs, and in the process I lose track of the "Good Ol' Songs".

didn't say that, just saying that the nazis could've been funnier. maybe if someone threw a banana peel in hitler's path every once in a while. i mean, lighten up.

I suppose I fall into this group too. I consider them my second or third favorite band (probably third, behind Blind Guardian and Katatonia), but I don't listen to them that often. I DID listen to MAYH the other night, because I was feeling something that requires that album (namely, bitter want for a certain girl), but before that, I hadn't listened to them for a while. I've been preoccupied by black metal and its various offshoots lately, like Emperor, early Ulver, Borknagar, Vintersorg, Mayhem, Immortal, Blut Aus Nord, Enslaved, Satyricon... you get the idea. Also, I've been on a Blind Guardian craze lately (my favorite band, but I don't listen to them THAT often). Well, I DID listen to To Bid You Farewell yesterday morning. So lately, given my current situation, Opeth has been getting more listens, but before that, not much.

Ryan

Got into Opeth about a year and a half ago, so maybe its taken me longer to get out of them. I had seven albums and a DVD to get through, and lets all agree that the albums get better with repeated listens as you discover things you didn't hear before.

Anyway, I've worn out bands before by overlistening (The Cure, The Smiths, Sonic Youth in the 80s, Radiohead and Massive Attack in the 90s), so I give a break to Opethian listening.

So for now, its:

Necrophagist--Epitaph and Onset of Putrefaction
Dillinger Escape Plan--Miss Machine
Anathema--A Natural Disaster
Katatonia--Viva Emptiness
Satyricon--Volcano