What do you think of Opeth live?

Is stage presence really important if you've got music like Opeth have to back it up?? And I can never understand people who go to gigs to 'mosh'. A bit of headbanging is fair enough, but why go to see a band just to beat the shit out of each other? To me, that's missing the point of a gig. If you want to mosh take up boxing or something, if you want to listen to music go to gigs.

Anybody here seen Porcupine Tree? They have just as much stage presence, but again they have the most amazing music to back it up.

Or maybe you would prefer massive fireworks and Martin on a 50ft drum riser? Or what about Mikael soloing atop a bridge which stretches over the crowd whilst lasers shot from Peter's guitar? ;)

I've only seen the bootlegs - and I'd say they are awesome live. And it's not about how they look/act on stage - it's about the music, and from what I've heard - they do a phenominal job transposing their music to the stage.

Boring? Sure, if all you want at a concert is to flail around and sweat (which I did at Slayer). But each band brings something different to the stage. I would definately compare Opeth's live performance to that of early Santana - it's ALL about the sens of sound, and no worry about the sense of sight.

When I asked the question I meant how are they live, the playing, the music. I dont give a shit if they put on some show with lasers and fire and shit. And when I heard the bootlegs and saw the video, I didnt think it SOUNDED all that great. Maybe it was just the quality. I would still kill to see them play