What do you think the future holds for Opeth?

I hope he doesn't quit the death growls. One: it adds something to the songs with the contrast of brutal growls and clean singing. Two: if there were no death growls, they wouldn't be a progressive death metal band.

OMG THATS TRUE I DIDNT EVEN RTHIKNB BOUT THAT. WHAT IF OEPTH WERENT AP ROFGRESSIVE DEATH METIL BAND ANYMORE GUYS?!?!!?111one

I hope he doesn't quit the death growls. One: it adds something to the songs with the contrast of brutal growls and clean singing. Two: if there were no death growls, they wouldn't be a progressive death metal band.

I agree with that, but at the same time, I'd like to see (and wouldn't be surprised to see) a Damnation style record, but HEAVY and with all clean vocals. That would be interesting.

I agree with that, but at the same time, I'd like to see (and wouldn't be surprised to see) a Damnation style record, but HEAVY and with all clean vocals. That would be interesting.

I would like that too. But droping the growls altogether wouldn't be good.

Hi all..

Opeths future....Think there is more to come...for many years ahead...:headbang:

I made a interview with Peter in Berlin on the 2. december. They are jumping in to the studio ..after a 6 month brake. So we should hopefully see a new record in the end of 2007. Lets see....

What you dident know:
-----------------------------------------

Peter is a great fan of "sugarbabes"...

I think they will "keep on going..." The funny thing with bands that really stay true to the "music roots"....they suddenly get WORLD FAMOUS....COME ON OPETH...GO..GO..GO...

A rumor: They will but on makeup ...the KISS way....and send out OPETH ALIVE I-III

Happy New Year....

Hi all..

Opeths future....Think there is more to come...for many years ahead...:headbang:

I made a interview with Peter in Berlin on the 2. december. They are jumping in to the studio ..after a 6 month brake. So we should hopefully see a new record in the end of 2007. Lets see....

What you dident know:

Peter is a great fan of "sugarbabes"...

I think they will "keep on going..." The funny thing with bands that really stay true to the "music roots"....they suddenly get WORLD FAMOUS....COME ON OPETH...GO..GO..GO...

A rumor: They will but on makeup ...the KISS way....and send out OPETH ALIVE I-III

Happy New Year....

God I hope not...

If Mike stopped growling, i'd stop listening to Opeth. I mean if you have that gift than why the hell not use it? He has one of the best growls i ever heard.

I agree!!! I'm fairly new to Opeth and DM and when I started listening to them, I like the clean vox stuff the best...ie Damnation...which I still like alot..but now I like the songs with growls mixed in the best...they're just so powerful and evil sounding and they fit in perfectly with the music that I can't imagine them any other way. I'm really amazed at how Mikeal can sound so melodic and beautiful in his clean vox and then so powerful and menacing in his growl vox...does he use a vocal effects processor on the growls?

I do think that they would sell more cds if they did only clean vox stuff..as there is a huge majority of people that don't do the DM vocals but I hope they continue to do them..Ideally..I'd like to see them do both the way they did with Damnation and Deliverence.

I get a kick out of playing their heavy stuff for people that are totally unfamilar with DM and Opeth....most have a look of bewilderment and ask if that's the Devil..:lol:

hmm, i hope there's always some growls--he does is SO well.

and i'd be open to their using different instruments--why not? (tho' agree that the full orchestra thing is a bit much--might be cool to hear an opethian version of some classical music...i've always thought beethoven's 9th, 4th movement is pretty metal...)

what's "fan-service"?

what's a "sugarbabe"?

i dont think an orchestra and opeth would sound like crap, but i'll be better if the just do their thing, which is GOOD, i just expect the best shit i'd ever heard!

hopefully will sound like oasis or the stone roses....

good or what!

hahahaha:puke:

Sugarbabes = SUGABABES....the girl band..!! But I dont hope they will be invited into the studio....:err:

Cant wait to hear them go crazy on the new album.....GROWLS...GROWLS....:headbang:
The funny thing with OPETH is...I really dont know what to expect...Think there heads is about to explode with ideers.
After there break ...( they need it...what a long tour-list..19..month )...i think they will GO CRAZY...in the studio....doing there BEST album ever....GROWLS...GROWLS....:worship: