What do you think the future holds for Opeth?

How long (in years, or albums) do you think it will be until they throw in the towel?
never. at least i hope so

Do you think they will stick with it like many of the bands of the 70's and stick together until they are on their pension?
no. and if they did, they'd be the first (great) metalband that has.

Do you believe Roadrunner will have an effect (positive or negative) on the next album?
no

Since it will be the first that they record while under the label. Or do you think Opeth will leave Roadrunner?
no

Can you see them begin to headline tours with their support as a band they once supported themselves? (like they already have with Nevermore)
sooner or later they will for sure. perhaps even in their first upcoming world tour, whenever that may be.

A lute might be cool. I think Opeth will stay pretty much the same, getting a little better with each album. I hope they re-record Orchid and Morningrise, though. Really, those had some pretty good songs, but they were recorded badly. Opeth weren't quite the musicians they are now, either.

I think Opeth will continue to make music that knocks our socks off and will continue to evolve. I would not be surprised in the least to hear Mike eventually completely drop the growls from his vocals. He seems to be becoming more and more of a singer with each album and dropping the growls would be something that would throw a curve into what we think we'll get from Opeth....which is what they like to do.

We shall see........

I think Opeth will continue to make music that knocks our socks off and will continue to evolve. I would not be surprised in the least to hear Mike eventually completely drop the growls from his vocals. He seems to be becoming more and more of a singer with each album and dropping the growls would be something that would throw a curve into what we think we'll get from Opeth....which is what they like to do.

We shall see........

Watch the documentaries. It will never happen.

yeah, I would like a live DVD or CD with an orchestra - just like Dream Theater has done. but please, not as bombastisc as DT... PLEASE!!!
And every year a new record and a tour! and for the band: more fans!!! AND finally getting the chance to tour South America, as Mikael has said numerous times.

I would love to see Opeth do something with a full orchestra. That would rock so hard it would kill the dead...twice.

I'm somewhat surprised to say this but I hope they don't do anyhting with an orchestra. I don't think it would work. Plus Opeth are so epic on their own that they don't really need more instruments. (except Per on the keys of course)

I think, as long as the Opeth-members still feel good about it, they'll continue doing what they're doing right now. What's next, God knows.
But I do think they all will continue making great music.. Maybe in separate ways, maybe not!

It's virtually impossible.

I think it would be a VERY surprising move for Mike to drop the growls. He's a death metal artist at heart.

Not really....Mike says he's not really a fan of metal anymore because of lack of originality. Ghost Reveries has the most singing we've heard from him yet.

Not really impossible if you think about it.

I hope he doesn't quit the death growls. One: it adds something to the songs with the contrast of brutal growls and clean singing. Two: if there were no death growls, they wouldn't be a progressive death metal band.