OPETH To Perform On Sweden's Channel 4

Midwinter_melancholY

¨‘°ºOrnamental adagiOº°‘¨
Nov 30, 2002
Belgium
www.hanenwurger.org
OPETH To Perform On Sweden's Channel 4 - May 20, 2003
OPETH will perform two tracks from their latest CD, "Damnation", during a morning-show appearance on Sweden's Channel 4 (TV4) on Wednesday, May 28.

OPETH are currently finishing up a month-long U.S. tour with LACUNA COIL. They are scheduled to appear at The Quest in Minneapolis, Minnesota Tuesday night (May 20).
View/Post Comments (0)
BLABBERMOUTH.NET

Shame I haven't got Swedish telly in Belgium o_O

That's amazing. Consider this: do you think that a band like Opeth would ever be allowed to perform on a non-metal TV station in America, UK or Ireland? The Swedish mainstream music scene is much more open to "alternative" genres like metal from what I've heard.

Kate Bush Rules! said:
That's amazing. Consider this: do you think that a band like Opeth would ever be allowed to perform on a non-metal TV station in America, UK or Ireland?

considering they're playing songs off Damnation, i'd say yes.

The swedish metal exposure is almost as bad as the american.
In Flames got awards for dumping all the originality in their sound in Sweden.
Its cool that Opeth is getting some well-earned exposure though.

THey should play Demon of the Fall to scare small children... like, start off with the first 30 seconds of windowpane and then BOOM! straight into DOTF :D :lol:

DarknessEternal said:
THey should play Demon of the Fall to scare small children... like, start off with the first 30 seconds of windowpane and then BOOM! straight into DOTF :D :lol:

:lol: Considering that this show is broadcasted very early in the morning and many Swedish children are watching child programs at this time it would be great. Or maybe, have DOTF as an alarm clock

.:warPig:. said:
aah nice.

Vilken tid är det? Är det på Nyhetsmorgon dom skall spela eller? :)

hmm.. btw.. is it allowed to write in Swedish? ..my english sucks :tickled:

of course, but not many people will understand. better to write in poor english and everybody understand than swedish and not many people understand... you won't get flamed for spellings :)

It's only two days left until Opeth plays on tv, and i was wondering if someone actually are going to record it and put it up for download?. That would be so great.