Opeth to play mixed set in Oz, and DUNGEON to support in Sydney

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I am fucking pumped now. I got this info from the official Opeth site:

Opeth will play a mixed set on the Australian tour. The set will contain both soft and heavy songs.

Wed 24 Sydney, Anmore Theatre - ALL AGES
Support act: Dungeon

Roll on Dungeon, and roll on Mixed Opeth Set :headbang:

I read an interview with Mikael Akerfeldt yesterday where he said he hated power metal, so it's weird that Dungeon are supporting :ill:

Oh well.... So long as Timmah and the boys play LOST IN THE LIGHT I will be happy. Also chuck in Fight, I am Death, Black Roses Die, and Caught Somewhere in Time

I think Akerfeldt is referring to the Euro-power bands. Except for "Paradise", Dungeon's never really been a power metal band in my book. Their sound is more in a traditional style with thrash and speed influences. Some of the choruses are power metal, but the songs themselves aren't really.

Perhaps.

I've disagreed with you before regarding music - I was disappointed with the Black Dahlia Murder's "Unhallowed", which I bought after reading your glowing review, for example.

Actually, that's the only example I can think of off the top of my head.

:) Well I can't say I'm always spot on with my reviews. I do like 'Unhallowed' quite a lot, but in hindsight it's probably not that special. I claimed to like "Dance of Death" more than "Brave New World" for a while too, but now I realised that "BNW" shits on it from a great height. :)