Opeth unplugged ever?

lammoth

Jun 18, 2008
Mumbai, India
www.last.fm
have they ever done an unplugged concert??
i mean its an awesome song, considering they have so many mellow songs, and many of there heavier songs sound awesome when played with 2 acoustic guitars...( try out the riffs in any BWP song unplugged on your guitar, ull get what i mean)
so if it hasnt happenned yet, mikael please take note and add an unplugged gig to your next tour (also release it in DVD :) ):)

Yeah I was thinkin about that the other day, it would be very good.

Have they ever done an unplugged concert?
I mean it's an awesome idea, considering they have so many mellow songs.
Many of their heavier songs also sound awesome when played with 2 acoustic guitars (try out the riffs in any BWP song, you'll get what I mean).
So if it hasn't happened yet, Mikael please take note and add an unplugged gig to your next tour (also release it on DVD :) ).

Fixed.

Good idea.

They've done shows where they only played songs from Damnation. I know they weren't technically unplugged, but the term tends to also be used in such situations (ex: Nirvana Unplugged). But to play their heavy songs unplugged is a terrible idea IMO and it's a cliche that Opeth must never partake in.

Why not, but not the heavier songs, growling and acoustic guitars don't fit for some reason.

Perhaps they could sing the growling parts clean instead; they could make up new clean-singing melodies for those parts :) maybe not, would probably sound funny... but still, it's an idea, isn't it? :p

This would be pretty great.

Id love to hear an acoustic version of one of their heavys.

Im sure they could edit some to be without screaming.
Thinking about it I reckon it would sound a bit Doomy.
Maybe "acoustic doom"

and many of there heavier songs sound awesome when played with 2 acoustic guitars...( try out the riffs in any BWP song unplugged on your guitar, ull get what i mean)

I remember reading somwhere that Mike usually writes his songs w/ an acoustic guitar so eventually the heavy songs still sound good unplugged