opeth videos

golbez

New Metal Member
Sep 17, 2003
assuming itd be more than just the band playing, which songs would make good videos? serenity painted death would be cool (and dirge for november)

Bleak. Everytime I hear the...

Beating
Heart still beating for the cause
Feeding
Soul still feeding on the loss
Aching
Limbs are aching from the rush
Fading
You are fading from my sight

It reminds me of the beginning of Morbid Angel's Blessed Are The Sick video, where their singer is chained and being lead by some cloaked guys. I think it'd be cool if Opeth played off that concept, showing somebody who'd broken out of chains but still had them on his wrists plowing mercilessly and dizzily through a bleak forest, searching for a girl soon to be his victim, or something like that.

i think harvest would be huge as a real video. the ambiance of that song fills great with the artwork for that album in my opinion.

serenity painted death too would be insane just by imaging somebody cut melinda's neck censored and the story of the song is great too!

and we can't forget about demon on the fall who's a classic.

£xil on t}{£ Fa\\ said:
i think harvest would be huge as a real video. the ambiance of that song fills great with the artwork for that album in my opinion.

serenity painted death too would be insane just by imaging somebody cut melinda's neck censored and the story of the song is great too!

and we can't forget about demon on the fall who's a classic.

doesn;t melinda get hanged? She gets hung in serenity painted death....And the main character gets hung in white cluster. That's how I interpreted it atleast.

Red line around her neck.......Im pretty sure that means a cut to the neck....well, anyway, I think Still Life or MAYH would make for great short films, with no sound but the music playing, it would just own. Also, if anyone has seen the Vampire Hunter D Bleak Video, I think that is very cool, so I always think of vampires when I hear that song.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
doesn;t melinda get hanged? She gets hung in serenity painted death....And the main character gets hung in white cluster. That's how I interpreted it atleast.

The main character strangles Melinda then he tries to kill a bunch of other dudes in a big rage....they capture him...White cluster begins...and he's executed, (hanging)

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Red line around her neck.......Im pretty sure that means a cut to the neck....well, anyway, I think Still Life or MAYH would make for great short films, with no sound but the music playing, it would just own. Also, if anyone has seen the Vampire Hunter D Bleak Video, I think that is very cool, so I always think of vampires when I hear that song.

NExt time you choke someone to death....check for a red line or mark on their neck..it'll be there.

BTW I think that's an excellent idea to make a movie out of MAYH or Still Life. do it like the old school silent films and dub the music over it.

:headbang:

There's already a Harvest video sometimes shown on MTV2, its just clips of them in the studio.

the_drip said:
The main character strangles Melinda then he tries to kill a bunch of other dudes in a big rage....they capture him...White cluster begins...and he's executed, (hanging)

Oh I see it now. First he has sex with her and then all of the sudden strangles her. :tickled:

TheFourthHorseman said:
Oh I see it now. First he has sex with her and then all of the sudden strangles her. :tickled:

You read my mind man!! Why in the world would he strangle her, his whole point of returning was for her......lol......they slit her throat right in front of him to punish him and her because she had committed adultery, or if you see her as a nun(which is one interpretation) they killed her because she had broken her vows, and slept with him. Then that is what makes him kill as many of the others as he can until they finally take him down, and later he wakes up beaten and bloody in a cell, awaiting tomorrow, for White Cluster, to be hung.

No no. Both of them get hung. Look at the booklet. There's 2 bodies hanging from trees. Melinda behind the main character. Why would that be? Red line around her neck.....(From the rope burn ofcourse)

Oh and to the other poster (drip) Why would the main character kill his beloved? I'm going with dual hangings in this case fellas.