Opeth Vinyl

Justin

Prolific Collector
Aug 28, 2004
Melbourne, AUS
Big fan, first time poster, from down under.

I've been able to acquire most of the band's LP's on vinyl, but cannot find Blackwater Park. Has it been released on vinyl/are there plans to release it?

I think it has. The re-issue with Still Day and Patterns in the Ivy 2 was printed off on vinyl I think... unless it was just the two bonus tracks.

EDIT: According to the official site there has been a vinyl. Looks damn ugly though.

big_vinyl.jpg

oh my god! i guess the guy is holding a flag or something? one of the wierdest things ive ever seen.

This particular vinyl piece just so happens to be rather rare, and I highly doubt that you could find it being sold at any type of music store nowadays. So, your best option would be to keep constantly viewing www.ebay.com under a search of ''Opeth'' until something comes about.

I saw the Blackwater Park Vinyl in a record shop yesterday. I bought the Opeth special Collectors limited Edition Double Vinyl "Still Life". Wanted to buy Blackwater Park but couldn`t efford it, but I hope they still have it when i received my payroll in 2weeks.

How much is the Still Life vinyl worth?

I have the blackwater park double vinyl. I dont even own a record player. I just bought it on ebay once. I have like three different copies of BWP. The original CD, the delux digi pack double CD and the double vinyl. I was thinking of selling my vinyl one because it just sits there

he he Patrick Swayze !! :tickled: :tickled: :headbang:
Schmuckattely...i really hope for you you're gonna be able to find that BWP vynil next time you go to this shop...coz it's a lot rarer (and so expensiver) than the Still Life Vinyl...

Nortribe_ said:
How much is the Still Life vinyl worth?

Well I purchased my copy for $49.00 AUS.

Schmuckatelly: I just thought that I would let you know that if you are still considering selling your copy of Blackwater Park on vinyl, that I am a very interested customer.

I Bought mine Still life Vinyl (released in 2002) for 450NOK or 65UDS(dollars). Have i paid to much?

Since some of you really don't seem to know much about vinyls, just collect them because they're Opeth-releated and don't even have a player. Someone said, it's a shocker compared to Deliverance. Well no wonder, since Deliverance was released as double PICTURE LP, not on standard black vinyl, with label on it like BWP for example.

And as someone already told, that picture is the label of Music for Nations, that they used on their vinyl-releases, damn ugly, but IF I recall right, those have been used for ages by them. The vinyl also has covers etc (Deliverace don't), so you can only see the label when you put the record into player, if you even do so and not just hold the record because it's "so rare and everyone is jealous I have it".

I'm not saying this directly to anyone, just thinking...

M. Lehto points it out quite well. The picture of the BWP vinyl above looks funny because you only see the label. I've never thought about the look of it because it really looks quite normal. An Nortribe - borrow money from your parents, this one is worth its weight in gold, don't let it go!

Man i have never seen an Opeth viynl, and if i had i would have bought it. That one looks kinda wierd though. Thats what sucks about living in a country town, its to hard to get good cds and collectors stuff. Best chance you get is ebay!!

The Masters Apprentice said:
Best chance you get is ebay!!
Yeah but most sellers are in the States or Europe... and shipping on a vinyl is a bitch. I just payed $150 to get 3 vinyls from Europe, and I bought them for between 20-30 each.