Opeth's best Outro's

Minion520

Minion
Jan 29, 2004
Bergen County, N.J.
Although Opeth's songs are brilliant from start to finish, a few of their outro's still give me chills when i listen to them. In no particular order, well April Ethereal and Moonlapse are definetly top two.

1. April Ethereal
2. Moonlapse Vertigo
3. Epilogue
4. Karma (although its heavy and long mikaels scream are amazing)
5. White Cluster
6. Deliverance
7. Black Water Park.

Advent, when I first heard Mikeal sing "we are almost there" it was one of the best moments in music I have ever heard.

^^ :/ Well, maybe I didnt cry, but I thought that the most epic outro was the definitely the one in April Ethereal, with those last lyrics as well. Awesome, oh, and Demon of The Fall is definitely #2, especially live :)

not so much an outro...but that part in BWP immediately when the slow parts end and Mikael comes in with that scream.....that combination of guitar and voice gives me chills...soooooo dark!

1. The Drapery Falls

and everything else is below that. Drapery is just too intense.

Other than that here I like the outros to:

- Bleak (that switch from clean vocals to death and the double bass pumps me up)
- Face Of Melinda (Very emotional riffs and licks)
- Demon Of The Fall (runaway part is amazing)
- The Leper Affinity (oh man, that piano outro, too sweet)

April Ethereal- the most emotional opeth ending I'd say
Demon of the Fall- I think every Opeth fan will agree on this one
The Drapery Falls - like bball said, too intense not to appreciate...double bass comes in at the PERFECT TIME.
Deliverance- just awesome
Closure- very different and very cool, it's funny how people headbang to it on the Lamentations DVD
In Mist She was Standing- how could you forget that outro? Everytime I hear it I get a smile on my face
Godhead's Lament- the second time searching my way comes in, man that's awesome.
WHEN- don't tell me you guys forget about that???
Master's Apprentices- one of the coolest opeth riffs ever
Blackwater Park- now this one really gives me the chills

Epilogue and When are the first ones that come to mind...the lyrics at the end of When are beautiful, just as Mikael's vocals.
The Drapery Falls and The Funeral Portrait have very powerful endings too, with the last lyrics of Drapery and the repeating riff after that...in Funeral Portrait I just love the last vocal bits, dunno so much about the music.
All in all the songs end with the vocals on My Arms but the music goes on for a while on Blackwater Park. The rest just don't pop into my sleepy head.
The ending of To Bid You Farewell is one of the beautiful ones too. Oooh I'm discovering all these bits that I love as I keep going through the songs. :p I agree totally with the one who mentioned Karma. Well, the ones, it seems.

I don't like how all the songs on Deliverance fade out...well other than the title song, but I don't like that hypno-riff cause it lasts too long.
Wreath has a pretty average outro, but I love how it blends into the opening riff of Deliverance. The change between songs sounds so spot-on.

Black Rose Immortal
The Night And The Silent Water
By the Pain I See In Others
The Amen Corner
April Ethereal
White Cluster
Ending Credits
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
The Face of Melinda

In Mist She Was Standing, when it has that acoustic part, then the heavy part, and then the double bass. Great.

1. In Mist
2. The Night and the Silent Water
3. Deliverance
4. The Leper Affinity
5. Demon of the Fall
6. Epilogue
7. The Twilight is my Robe
8. Moonlapse Vertigo
9. Patterns in the Ivy II (i'm surprised no one said this yet)
10. Advent

no specific order cause there are so many but here are some of my personnal favorites:
chronologic ordrer btw.

in the mist she was standing.
the twiglight is my robe.
the apostle in triumph.
advent.
to bid you farewell.
april ethereal.
demon on the fall.
credence.
karma.
the whole still life album!
the leper affinity.