Opeth's logo stolen...by a cruise line???

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could it not be copyrighted?

Yeah, would be cool to see Mike's response to this, cause it seems weird.

It is copyrighted. Everything is by default. You have to actively relinquish your copyright for it to be free. I doubt a graphic artist would do that ;) So in essence, they got burned by a dodgy stock-photo company, and were trying to scare away any competition by talking about not suing.

If they did try to sue, they'd lose. Bad. Then again, I don't really see how this would hurt Opeth. All PR is good PR :p

Melloboat 2010? :p

I sent an email saying I was the president of the Opeth fan club and that I've contacted the band about and they might take legal action... I don't like to lie but what ever.

^Yes but he doesn't post here as far as I know. Travis has been involved in their art for ages, surely his comment would be interesting. But of course the original drawer's comment would be pretty funny too. Actually looked at the site again just now it's still in a perpetual state of wtf in my mind atm.

damn this is weird, ithought it would be close but its the exact logo, and i mean i doubt this place has been open since 1994 hahaha, it says on the bottem copyright 2008 anyway

don't incite legal action ozzloaf :p, that's all we need

Status
Not open for further replies.